Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #196
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
ixtab

I confirm written NiLuJe about the Paperwhite.

+ It's necessary to exclude processing of external dictionaries folder:
/mnt/us/documents/dictionaries/

Folder contents automatically joins to built-in collection "Dictionaries".
Simply delete the "dictionaries" collection
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #197
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
ixtab
Simply. But not beautiful (i simply grumble)...
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #198
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
The kindlet jailbreak the OP links to is deleted automatically by my Paperwhite so I can't update.
Hmm, the developer certificate bundle wouldn't install either, but I've got the "You are Jailbroken" document. Oh and KindCalc works perfectly.
I used Jailbreak 1.5N and hadn't installed USBnet, which when I just tried was deleted as well.
Looks like I may need to shift this into the Jailbreak thread as I can't use the 1.5 uninstall, it's also deleted automatically.
<scratching head>

Thank you

<edited to offer more information>

Last edited by Akirainblack; 10-25-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #199
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Akirainblack: How recent is your Touch? (And what does your S/N begin with?)
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #200
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hello Nijule,
As mentioned I've shifted this to the jailbreak thread as it's more appropriate there.
Thank you for answering.
Advert
Old 10-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #201
Lester_Bangs
Lester_Bangs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi.

I'm a complete newbie at this, but need to get my collections sorted out. I thought I had sussed it but must have something wrong or mis-understood part of the instructions.

1. I have jailbroken my paperwhite, installed kindlet, and the certificates all fine.#
2. I went to the calibre plugins and installed the Kindle Collections' plugin.

I have downloaded the patch here, but don't know how to install it.

What else exactly do I need to do?

Any help is very appreciated.

EDIT: I just found out I had to run the 'import from calibre' through the collections manager on the kindle for it all to run properly. My bad.

Last edited by Lester_Bangs; 10-25-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Lester_Bangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #202
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Lester_Bangs:

* Install the plugin (not the patch, the patch's for the dev) attached in the post you linked to. (It'll replace the official release).

* Configure the plugin to your liking (while the device is plugged in).

* Run it (create collections from Calibre)

* Eject your Kindle. Launch Collections Manager, pop its menu up, swipe down to scroll to the bottom of the menu, click 'Import collections from Calibre'.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 PM   #203
Lester_Bangs

Hi NiLuJe,

Thanks. It was the 'launch collections manager I was getting stuck with. I was looking for it in Calibre, not on the kindle. D'oh.
Old 10-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #204
Lester_Bangs

Quick question.

If I have the collection order number set in Calibre, will the kindle then show them in the correct order?
Old 10-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #205
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Lester_Bangs: Provided (you|the autodetection code) set the right model in the plugin settings, and I didn't get it wrong, mostly, yes. (I say mostly because the sorting order on the plugin side might not be completely accurate for the Touch/PaperWhite, especially regarding the case. Too much of a hassle to investigate how to get it right). The most important part (what to prefix a collection with to get it on top when sorting by title) should be accurate though (and on the PW, you don't have much choice anymore on that front: a single quote, or a digit).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-25-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #206
Lester_Bangs

Great. Thank you.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #207
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

If I use kindletools to extract the kindlet-jailbreak and repack it with all the touch/paperwhites listed as devices should that work as is?
I've done it but am slightly wary of flashing it to my Kindle as I'm rather new to this.
Thanks,
Old 10-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #208
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Akirainblack: Yup. If you want to be super-safe, just convert it, don't even unpack/rebuild it.

(By which I mean: .bin to .tar.gz [convert] then .tar.gz to .bin [create]).

In this specific case, there's no model/version specific logic, and it already supports the PW, so there's not much risk of doing anything wrong, it's simply copying a file .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-29-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #209
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

NiLuJe
Which switch do I need to use to convert it I just tried with the -w and it created another bin with the term unwrapped.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #210
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Akirainblack: None . (The -w/--unwrap switch is another thing entirely, it strips the package signature header from a signed ota2/recover2 package. It's a convenience feature of a somewhat limited use ^^).

Code:
kindletool convert update_kindlet-jailbreak-20121007_install.bin
kindletool create ota2 -d pwgb update_kindlet-jailbreak-20121007_install.{tar.gz,.bin}
(manually expand my shiny brackets construct on the create line if you happen to use a crappy shell ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-29-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks