Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #1621
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Murg hasn't posted in a while. I hope he/she is OK.
This is why we need someone to moderate the Kobo forums. I suggested this in the feedback forum and was basically ignored.

Murg was last here on October 6. I too hope everything is OK.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:19 PM   #1622
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FW 4.2.8110
Aura One; http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...e-4.2.8110.zip

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As people have discovered, Kobo have release firmware version 4.2.8110. This is only being released for the Kobo Aura ONE and Kobo Aura Edition 2. It should be safe on the other devices, but it's up to you to take the risk. Hopefully something will be released for the other devices early in the new year.

The following is a list of changes Kobo posted in the beta list plus things I can remember seeing:
  • Wishlist added to the store.
  • Battery drain improvements for Kobo Aura ONE. Some of these changes affect the other devices. I haven't had any unusual battery drain on any of my devices with the betas for 4.2.
  • Auto Brightness improvements for Kobo Aura ONE.
  • Made many improvements to help ensure your library state and contents are correct.
  • Added a Repair option available under [Settings > Device information], in case you still seem to be missing a book.
  • Lots of fixes and changes in the Overdrive support.

There has a release of the Kobo Desktop. the Windows version is 4.2.6122 and the macOS is 4.2.4917. The changes include:
  • Kobo Desktop visual refresh – new app icon and colour palette
  • Made many improvements to help ensure your library state and contents are correct
  • Added a Repair option available under [Account > Repair Kobo Account], in case you still seem to be missing a book

The Repair option mentioned is to fix problems with purchased books. When this is used, all the purchased books are removed from the device and downloaded again. It will take a while if you have a lot of books. You will be prompted before it starts.

The calibre driver has been updated to accept this firmware version. This will be in the next release of calibre. As there are no changes needed other than bumping the version number, you can safely use the "Attempt to support newer firmware versions" option in the driver until the release is made.
Advert
Old 12-16-2016, 02:35 AM   #1623
stanlefor
Connoisseur
stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.stanlefor can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: kobo touch
Does anyone tried this last firmware on Aura HD or other mark 4 device?
stanlefor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:07 AM   #1624
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
Or for that matter, Mark 5 devices such as the H2O.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:33 AM   #1625
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Working fine on my aura glo hd - dont know what 'mark' that is
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #1626
imkh
Enthusiast
imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.imkh is the One.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I recently tried the 4.1 firmware on the Glo HD [Mark 6, same as the One] and also the Aura HD [Mark 4]. The Glo HD worked well all around but the line-spacing slider didn't work on the Aura HD. Both were faster than the 3.19 hardware.

Haven't tried the 4.2 as yet, I'm waiting on the patches.
imkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:18 PM   #1627
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanlefor View Post
I've tried it on an Aura H20 and an Aura HD. Both worked okay.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:40 PM   #1628
Namenlos
Enthusiast
Namenlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Anyone tried it on the Mini? If not I am trying that in a week.
Namenlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 03:21 AM   #1629
newman
homo viator
newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.newman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXi with 3.4.2 firmware, Kobo Glo HD
Pocket and internet browser

Are there any changes to the internet browser (e.g. newer core) or Pocket integration?
newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:33 AM   #1630
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by newman View Post
Are there any changes to the internet browser (e.g. newer core) or Pocket integration?
None that I've seen. But, please ask questions like this in the thread started for the firmware version. That helps to keep the version specific questions in one place.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:53 PM   #1631
Namenlos
Enthusiast
Namenlos began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namenlos View Post
Anyone tried it on the Mini? If not I am trying that in a week.
Seemed to work for me.
Namenlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:58 AM   #1632
Ranoi
Ranoi began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD
Hello,
I do not understand English very well but I would like to know which is the last legitimate firmware for a Kobo Aura HD ?
It seemed to me that the first post was out of date so I ask that. Thank you in advance.
Ranoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:46 AM   #1633
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranoi View Post
Hello,
I do not understand English very well but I would like to know which is the last legitimate firmware for a Kobo Aura HD ?
It seemed to me that the first post was out of date so I ask that. Thank you in advance.
The latest released firmware for the Aura HD is 3.19.5761.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:54 AM   #1634
Ranoi
Ranoi began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD
Ok, thanks for the confirmation of this information
Do you think that a firmware version 4 is close for the Kobo Aura HD ?
Ranoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:15 PM   #1635
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
This thread does not seem to be updated anymore? Anyone know what has happened?

Also, I have made a webpage which will always show the latest firmware versions right from Kobo servers. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=282095
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote