Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-03-2008, 07:22 AM   #1
fbochicchio
fbochicchio began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook gen 3
Hello from Italy (cybook gen 3)

Hi to everybody.

I'm the owner-to-be of a CyBook Gen 3 (should arrive in one week or less). I will update this thread with my impressions of the thing as soon as I get it.
Why did I bought it? Well, I wanted a nice cristhmas gift, and you know, if you want it well done, better do it yourself :-)

Seriously, there are a couple serious reason:

- I like to read SF and Fantasy books fro USA and UK authors in original. Where I live it is not easy to found them. The ones I own I bougth while in larger Italian cities or in other eureopean countries (not UK). For same reason, they always cost more than the translated versions :-(

- When I travel (which used to happen a lot in the recent past), I pack always three/four books, and I finish them before going back (like now!) :-(

Granted, these may not be enough to justify the not small expence for the device, but hey!, now I will have a new gadhet to show off :-)

Ciao
-------
FB
fbochicchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, fbochicchio!

If you like SF you should check out Baen's Webscription store. Baen publishes all of their new material as e-books, no DRM, at very reasonable prices. Plus, they have a fairly large "free library" where you can sample the authors' offerings before you buy, to see who's stories appeal to you, personally. And of course, since it's all on-line there's no problem with having to go to a large city or any such (something I appreciate these days, since I find myself in a rather smaller town than I've been used to).

And of course since you're talking e-books, there are a number of e-book stores that are available to you with similar "no big city" requirements that may have things you'll be interested in reading. Fictionwise.com, mobipocket.com, and such like that.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
If you like SF and Fantasy you can also try this...

Creative Commons SF: http://www.feedbooks.com/list/view/22
Creative Commons Fantasy: http://www.feedbooks.com/list/view/25

SF: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/li...cience+Fiction
Fantasy: http://www.feedbooks.com/discover/li...s&type=Fantasy
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
ralfm1
ralfm1 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Unhappy Hello

Just got a new Cybook Gen 3. Unfortunately I already seem to be having a problem with it.
After reading about 10 - 15 pages the device just locks up. Nothing will work and I have to turn it off and back on to be able to read again, just to have the problem reappear in another 10 or so pages. I have reloaded the books, taken the battery out of the Cybook and reconnected it, I have tried the reset button, but nothing seems to work. There is no SD card in it and the battery is totally charged. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks
ralfm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert