Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #241
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Well I rebuilt my alsa-lib, ensuring the used the GM recommended settings. No Joy.

Can anyone successfully debug with a dynamical link to lib asound on the kindle?

or is the asound on the kindle built -fomit-frame-pointers?

inquiring minds want to know...

WELL. I have options.

Build a kek-driven 32 bit version linux of some flavour and get my tools so that I can build and link static without all this hassle.

Just fix the code without the gdb bt.

decisions decisions.

Last edited by twobob; 07-20-2012 at 02:37 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #242
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Well, if it helps any ...
I have a (32bit) Linux Mint-12 on my (64bit) machine with the LXDE window manage installed as the "default" window manager.
(just "apt-get install lxde)

Gives a system built with the current Ubuntu packages and a window manager without all of the distracting bells and whistles.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #243
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I built the library on my x64 mint-11, using the codesourcery version I usually use.

For me, it worked on all my kindles, while the one from you only worked on my K3.

I could send you the files that I link against if you want.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #244
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I built the library on my x64 mint-11, using the codesourcery version I usually use.

For me, it worked on all my kindles, while the one from you only worked on my K3.

I could send you the files that I link against if you want.
ah you guys are the best.

I'm going to try and go it on my own.

Dragged down the ISO. just got to get it to the other machine now. sigh. Windows hates linux.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #245
twobob

Done, Done and done

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Well, if it helps any ...
I have a (32bit) Linux Mint-12 on my (64bit) machine with the LXDE window manage installed as the "default" window manager.
(just "apt-get install lxde)

Gives a system built with the current Ubuntu packages and a window manager without all of the distracting bells and whistles.
Okay: (32bit) Linux Mint-12 on my (64bit) machine : DONE
apt-get install lxde : DONE

Install all bells and whistle under that window manager. In progress.
Let´s see if we can´t break the back of this bug with a somewhat more stable build environment.
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 09:47 AM   #246
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On the Greeter Screen (login box screen) you should find a list of the window managers that are installed. Just select the one you want to use when you log in.
You may install as many different window managers as your disk space allows.

Unlike some OSs - you aren't stuck with the one that comes in the same box.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:03 PM   #247
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
On the Greeter Screen (login box screen) you should find a list of the window managers that are installed. Just select the one you want to use when you log in.
You may install as many different window managers as your disk space allows.

Unlike some OSs - you aren't stuck with the one that comes in the same box.
I am liking lxde, a little more technical but lightweight and unintrusive.

just getting back around to qemu SB2 and friends in readiness to give the audio video demo an overhaul.

I really do want to create the right File system image this time.

better have a dig around for some details, any tips?
kindle recovery thread right? debricking. I´ll go look

I went with:

To get the armel rootfs:

wget http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-cor...e-armel.tar.gz

and the armhf roofs:

wget http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-cor...e-armhf.tar.gz

They are of course available also via http://drpbox.knetconnect.com/KeK/

I just was saving him some bandwidth.

EDIT: Now with tools chain and sb2

Code:
[SB2 simple kindle] twobob@dev armel $ file a.out
a.out: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), 
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.16, not stripped

Last edited by twobob; 07-23-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: added sources
Old 07-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #248
knc1
Going Viral

Two notes:
  • I have not (yet) used sb2, not written the HowTo directions. Post what you can about it.
  • I have not (yet) tried to get audio out of our emulated environment (see a note about a missing /dev/dsp).

Using the sb2 setup is probably the easiest cross-compile environment for the KeK project.
I have been working on the easy native-compile environment for the KeK project.

The KeK thread is going to become the one-stop-shopping place for Kindle native code generation.
(It also does the same for the Raspberry Pi, but that's off-topic for this forum.)

Last edited by knc1; 07-24-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Tags
stupid root mistakes