Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
Kindle 4 - Custom PDF tryout

Hello,

I have created a custom PDF that looks nice on Sony PRS-650 which I borrowed from the library, but am thinking about getting the Kindle 4.

Can anyone who own K4 have a try with this file and tell me how it looks like or perhaps post some pictures?

http://www.arturgajewski.com/music.pdf

As I learn to play songs on piano, I like to write chords and lyrics down and need e-reader for this purpose. I really want to know how this file looks and functions on K4 and would really really appreciate help. Kindle of any type is not available here in Finland to have a try myself.
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi!
I have taken a screenshot for You on Kindle3 (screen exactly same as K4). The result is quite usable.
I don't understand why do you use PDF format for this (there is nothing special about this content required for PDF).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-1071.gif
Views:	196
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	78589  
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 03:07 AM   #3
spaze
Addict
spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spaze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Writing my first short story: Guardian Angel
I have tried EPUB both with Sony PRS-650 and Bebook One as well as Cybook Opus. In all three cases the look of the page is different and even more so when you start playing with font sizes.

I create PDF the way I want them to look like, font sizes and placements carefully designed so that they look good on 6" screen, then when I load up the document I don't have to bother about settings.

Why is PDF seen as such a bad thing for e-readers? I understand people's frustrations with other than plain text PDFs, but for this kind of content I don't see why not using a PDF especially when I already have freeware tools to generate such content without additional plugins or software.

Thank you for your help and the screenshot, I really appreciate it!
spaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
sylviebi
Connoisseur
sylviebi is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle, DSi xl, 3DS, iPod, Playbbok
IMO people shrink away from pdf's that are more complicated than your music sheets that you have created specificaly for a 6" screen. The pdfs that are meant for an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper with pictures and text and columns and then viewed on the kindle's 6" screen. You have to scroll left, right, up, down,... blah... IMO...
sylviebi is offline   Reply With Quote