Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #31
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
^ Aehm... someone?
I don't know, sorry :P
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #32
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
So the header size went bigger from 2.5.2 onwards? should be enough to find it by looking at a diff. But, are you speaking about kepubs or normal epubs?
The regular epubs as Kobo introduced the header with fw 2.5.2

FW 2.5.1. original small top margin (no header)
FW 2.5.2. header introduction regular epubs
FW 2.6.1. large top margin (blank header) same size as 2.5.2.
(Kobo old Touch; Mark3 hardware)

Would comparing mark3 and mark4 files (fw 2.6.1.) work as the mark4 seems to have smaller top margins?

FW 2.6.1.
libadobe.so — Mark3 and Mark4 match

Last edited by Anak; 07-09-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #33
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Quote:
So the header size went bigger from 2.5.2 onwards? should be enough to find it by looking at a diff. But, are you speaking about kepubs or normal epubs?
Tried that, you could actually revert the header changes in 2.5.2 by just copying the 2.5.1 libadobe.so back in.
But they did a complete rework of the file for 2.6.1 and removed a lot of unused junk as it looks.
I think not working adobe plugins like pdf-reflow were removed. The files is almost 20% smaller.

2.6.1 was a major update release under the hood, many driverupdates that were in the kobo-j hack were in 2.6.1 aswell.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #34
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anak View Post
The regular epubs as Kobo introduced the header with fw 2.5.2

FW 2.5.1. original small top margin (no header)
FW 2.5.2. header introduction regular epubs
FW 2.6.1. large top margin (blank header) same size as 2.5.2.
(Kobo old Touch; Mark3 hardware)

Would comparing mark3 and mark4 files (fw 2.6.1.) work as the mark4 seems to have smaller top margins?

FW 2.6.1.
libadobe.so — Mark3 and Mark4 match
I see, I've checked libadobe.so but there are no sections with css code. So no header tuning, at least for regular epubs. It should still be feasible for kepubs though.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #35
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
I have installed the mark 4 FW to my old model Touch, in order to have 2.6.1b.
I can see no difference in the header. However, I did not measure it. Therefore, comparing mark 3 and 4 might not be the most effective way to find something in this respect.
Another point: The header and footer are certainly handled by libnickel for epub and kepub. All changes I have done, e.g. the font size of the reading progress indication, are effective in both formats.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #36
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I see, I've checked libadobe.so but there are no sections with css code. So no header tuning, at least for regular epubs. It should still be feasible for kepubs though.
I've tried to compare fw 2.5.1 with 2.5.2 but found no header adjustments. So, I must overlooked it. The header in regular epubs must come from somewhere.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I have installed the mark 4 FW to my old model Touch, in order to have 2.6.1b.
I can see no difference in the header. However, I did not measure it. Therefore, comparing mark 3 and 4 might not be the most effective way to find something in this respect.
Another point: The header and footer are certainly handled by libnickel for epub and kepub. All changes I have done, e.g. the font size of the reading progress indication, are effective in both formats.
That is expected. If you unpack the firmware packages, and then unpack the KoboRoot.tgz files from the packages, the contained files are identical except for some image files, fonts and the contents of "drivers\ntx508\usb\gadget".

This is probably a spot were there isn't a separate setting for the Touch and the Glo. As it is probably in pixels, using the same number on the Touch will look bigger than on the Glo. Anyone have a Mini to see what the difference is there?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #38
Anak
Fanatic

Code:
#btnGlobalSearch {
qproperty-pixmap: url(:/images/statusbar/statusbar_search_off_trilogy.png);
qproperty-deselectedPixmap: url(:/images/statusbar/statusbar_search_off_trilogy.png);
qproperty-selectedPixmap: url(:/images/statusbar/statusbar_search_hit_trilogy.png);
}
font-size: 16px;
font-family: Avenir;
background-color: transparent;
padding-top:3px;
}
This code sets the font size for the header text (Kobo Touch, fw 2.5.1). There seems to be one header (no ReadingHeader, as there is a seperate ReadingFooter) and applies to the home screen (HOME) and kepub book title header.
For testing use a font size of 31px. This font size isn't in use elsewhere in libnickel.1.0.0.

Because there is no seperate ReadingHeader it may explain why there is such a huge margin (better: blank header) on top of the screen when reading regular epubs in fw 2.6.1.

I also think Kobo uses a vertical page offset not making a page start in (0,0) but in (0,Y) or (X,Y). Probably set in another file (jQuery, Sizzle, libadobe, libaccess…)

Last edited by Anak; 07-10-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #39
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
All of this is nice. But what do you all think about changing the font type used in menu, in book synopsis, in the library? Would it be possible?
mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #40
Anak
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mietek81 View Post
All of this is nice. But what do you all think about changing the font type used in menu, in book synopsis, in the library? Would it be possible?
Yes, it is possible to make changes to font family and size.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #41
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Quote:
Code:
#btnGlobalSearch {
qproperty-pixmap: url(:/images/statusbar/statusbar_search_off_trilogy.png);
qproperty-deselectedPixmap: url(:/images/statusbar/statusbar_search_off_trilogy.png);
qproperty-selectedPixmap: url(:/images/statusbar/statusbar_search_hit_trilogy.png);
}
font-size: 16px;
font-family: Avenir;
background-color: transparent;
padding-top:3px;
}
This code sets the font size for the header text (Kobo Touch, fw 2.5.1). There seems to be one header (no ReadingHeader, as there is a seperate ReadingFooter) and applies to the home screen (HOME) and kepub book title header.
For testing use a font size of 31px. This font size isn't in use elsewhere in libnickel.1.0.0.

Because there is no seperate ReadingHeader it may explain why there is such a huge margin (better: blank header) on top of the screen when reading regular epubs in fw 2.6.1.

I also think Kobo uses a vertical page offset not making a page start in (0,0) but in (0,Y) or (X,Y). Probably set in another file (jQuery, Sizzle, libadobe, libaccess…)

I played around with that, but changing it did not lead to any change for the header in epubs.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #42
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewphoenix123 View Post
I played around with that, but changing it did not lead to any change for the header in epubs.
It changes the font size of the text (title or time) in the header of epubs and kepubs on the Touch. But this seems only to work for the touch.

Last edited by tshering; 07-10-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #43
Anak
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
It changes the font size of the text (title or time) in the header of epubs and kepubs on the Touch. But this seems only to work for the touch.
Did you search for a particular device string?
#btnHome[deviceCodeName="pixie"] or "dragon"

I've changed the back ground color of the header to "olive" (text part) but not the icons (like battery, WiFi), which are pictures. I tried to reduce the header height but didn't work. Bar height seems to depend on the icon image height.

Code for Kobo Touch (fw 2.5.1)
Code:
#N3StatusBarView {
	background-color: white;
}
So the adobe renderer hides these statusbar images (or replaces them with smaller images?) while with the Access renderer (kepubs) they seem to be replaced by white images of the same size.
If you find this difference your probably can hide the title bar in kepubs to.
Where are these images stored?

Last edited by Anak; 07-10-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #44
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Did you search for a particular device string?
#btnHome[deviceCodeName="pixie"] or "dragon"
Out of curiosity, I did look around a little there, but since I don't have a Mini or an Aura, I did not try to change anything.

Quote:
Where are these images stored?
I have no idea. I wonder whether they are inside libnickel.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #45
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is expected. If you unpack the firmware packages, and then unpack the KoboRoot.tgz files from the packages, the contained files are identical except for some image files, fonts and the contents of "drivers\ntx508\usb\gadget".
David, I think you missed the point somehow. There is no mark3 FW 2.6.1b package.