Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #16
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Great - that means I made a bad guess.

Can you tell us now what is on the second line of that config file?
The one that reported an error.
See reference.

Quote:
PS: Any chance one of those text files got edited with Windows line endings?
What are you meaning with "with Windows line endings"?

Quote:
And give us a bit more information on that: "was making a file system" comment.
Yea i would create an ext3 filesystem in /mnt/us/debian/ but it reboot it self during this job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Leave WiFi switched off.
I thought there is a setting up needed, but good to know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip config.zip (1.2 KB, 135 views)

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 01-18-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Bagerfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagerfahrer View Post
What are you meaning with "with Windows line endings"?
Windows uses <cr><lf> as a line terminator; Linux (the OS that the Kindle runs) just uses <lf>. If you edit a file in Windows, you'll probably mess up the line termination.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #18
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur
Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Bagerfahrer can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Windows uses <cr><lf> as a line terminator; Linux (the OS that the Kindle runs) just uses <lf>. If you edit a file in Windows, you'll probably mess up the line termination.
Okay, but I didn't even touch this file and when i can't remember to have done that.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Okay, but I didn't even touch this file and when i can't remember to have done that.
That file *IS NOT* a text file, it is something else.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #20
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur

Quote:
That file *IS NOT* a text file, it is something else.
Are you meaning that the file is corrupted? I had the idea to reinstall it but when I only could.
Maybe someone can upload his config file from firmware 5.3.1? Is that an idea?

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 01-18-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #21
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Config file is not a text file - as in - The file attached is binary...

EDIT: Or something... looking into it I dont recognise it at all TBH

Last edited by twobob; 01-18-2013 at 10:15 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #22
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur

So i summarize: We don't know what kind of error it is with this config file and we don't know why the Kindle doesn't upgrade anymore and that only after a reboot while I was creating a filesystem...

Last edited by Bagerfahrer; 01-18-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:07 AM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So i summarize: We don't know what kind of error it is with this config file and we don't know why the Kindle doesn't upgrade anymore and that only after a reboot while I was creating a filesystem...
We do know that you need a proper config file.
Replace that binary file with a good copy of the config file.

Your mkfs command ran out of memory while trying to create the new file system.

You should build the new file system "off-Kindle" and move it to the Kindle when you are done.
(Hint: Your not the first here to learn that the hard way.)
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #24
Bagerfahrer
Connoisseur

Quote:
We do know that you need a proper config file.
Replace that binary file with a good copy of the config file.
USBnetwork works well now. In the .zip file was a source folder so I could replace the old one with the new one.

Quote:
Your mkfs command ran out of memory while trying to create the new file system.

You should build the new file system "off-Kindle" and move it to the Kindle when you are done.
(Hint: Your not the first here to learn that the hard way.)
Yes I can set up an virtual Linux on my PC. That's wouldn't be the problem, thanks.

But that with the update is really confusing me why it doesn't work anymore.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #25
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
But that with the update is really confusing me why it doesn't work anymore.
Hey - we got 2 of the 3 problems found/fixed.

You know the things the update controls depend on - check if they got corrupted.

Probably the easiest to check is to display your serial number - see if it is correct (or at least that the first four characters are correct).