Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #256
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorogio View Post
Here are the Romanian strings for your program

PS: the program is very useful but the icons are awful and unintuitive
Can I make you some better icons? What format, size, colors?
Thanks for the translation, I linked to it from the first post. And what, you don't like my beautiful and hyper-intuitive icons?

Well, here's a challenge: make better ones
You can find the originals here: https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/ktcollec...cons?at=master

So, it's 25x25 px, and obviously monochrome. Every icon comes in two versions: enabled (black) and disabled (gray). If you manage to come up with better ones, I'll happily include them.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #257
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Just assume that I have inserted Glove and Boots Photoshop Tutorial here. ^^^^
Includes such useful bits of information as what to do when the Gorilla eats the cursor.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #258
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Is anyone having problems after a few days of using Collections Manager? Last night my PW suddenly started misbehaving. Slow to open, screen not showing the correct screen, leftover items at the bottom of the screen. I have restarted from settings several times. Left it sit over night, still a problem. I just opened the cover and clicked on a collection before I started typing this, and it still says opening at the bottom of the collection, nothing happening. I'll try plugging it in for Calibre to refresh the metadata, maybe that will fix it.

update. I removed the Collections manager azw3 from the documents folder. But all the sub collections are still there. And so are my issues. What is the correct way to uninstall collections manager? I did search, but came up with nothing.

The screen is not refreshing properly, I think that is my primary issue.

Added, to say I am updating to 5.3.1 to see if that helps.

Last edited by booklover6; 12-12-2012 at 10:18 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:53 AM   #259
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Is anyone having problems after a few days of using Collections Manager? Last night my PW suddenly started misbehaving. Slow to open, screen not showing the correct screen, leftover items at the bottom of the screen. I have restarted from settings several times. Left it sit over night, still a problem. I just opened the cover and clicked on a collection before I started typing this, and it still says opening at the bottom of the collection, nothing happening. I'll try plugging it in for Calibre to refresh the metadata, maybe that will fix it.

update. I removed the Collections manager azw3 from the documents folder. But all the sub collections are still there. And so are my issues. What is the correct way to uninstall collections manager? I did search, but came up with nothing.

The screen is not refreshing properly, I think that is my primary issue.

Added, to say I am updating to 5.3.1 to see if that helps.
Trust me, your problems aren't caused by CM, and not by the jailbreak either. It's more likely to be a problem with a "broken" book keeping the indexer busy, or just "Kindleness". The Kindles sometimes just screw up all by themselves.

If the problem isn't fixed by the 5.3.1 update, then check your log files (should be the ;dm shortcut).

PS: yes, removing the .azw2 is enough to uninstall CM - but of course, that won't remove the collections you created.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #260
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I doubt that that is the Collections Manager's fault, but you can remove all your collections from the context menu and choosing "Delete all collections".

On an unrelated note: ixtab, do you know of a way to create nested collections from an import from Calibre? Currently I have a custom column called "Kindle Collection" for example with the value "Books, Fantasy, The Hollows" -- how would I go about modifying this value so that Collections Manager would automatically create a nested collection from that while importing? E.g. "Books/Fantasy/The Hollows"?
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #261
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
I doubt that that is the Collections Manager's fault, but you can remove all your collections from the context menu and choosing "Delete all collections".

On an unrelated note: ixtab, do you know of a way to create nested collections from an import from Calibre? Currently I have a custom column called "Kindle Collection" for example with the value "Books, Fantasy, The Hollows" -- how would I go about modifying this value so that Collections Manager would automatically create a nested collection from that while importing? E.g. "Books/Fantasy/The Hollows"?
Easy: it's not supported. It would require significant changes to the logic, and it would also require some sort of naming convention that everybody would have to stick to. And last but not least: calibre doesn't support nesting anyway, so I think that calibre interprets that string as the book being part of 3 collections.

I'm afraid that you'll either have to resort to the "create collections from file system" option (which does support nesting), or create the hierarchy manually.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #262
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
[...]And last but not least: calibre doesn't support nesting anyway, so I think that calibre interprets that string as the book being part of 3 collections.[...]
Yep, I was aware of that. The theoretical item would be part of 3 collections then and I wanted to know if there was a way where I could fill the "Kindle Collection" column differently and the import method would automatically recognize that it was a nested collection then.

Oh well, still thank you.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #263
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Thanks for your replies. I reset the device and it was working much better. Then I put the Collections Manager azw3 file back on, and it is slow again. Maybe it is still processing the file addition.

It all started after opening a short book last night, so that could have done it. I removed the book last night, though.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #264
mooseuk
mooseuk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS650/600
Hi

First of all thanks for the great app, As a new Paperwhite Kindle user (Ex Sony User), I am amazed that Amazon donot provide this functionality built in.

Any way to my Question:

I have created a series of nested collections in the format Genre/Author/Series/Title, and this works perfectly.

However although I can move through the collection tree by sellecting each subsiquent sub collection. There does not appear to be away to move back up the collection tree, all I can do is press the Home key to take me back to the start.

Is this the intended behaviour or am I missing something.

Thanks again for your efforts.
mooseuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #265
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseuk View Post
Hi

First of all thanks for the great app, As a new Paperwhite Kindle user (Ex Sony User), I am amazed that Amazon donot provide this functionality built in.

Any way to my Question:

I have created a series of nested collections in the format Genre/Author/Series/Title, and this works perfectly.

However although I can move through the collection tree by sellecting each subsiquent sub collection. There does not appear to be away to move back up the collection tree, all I can do is press the Home key to take me back to the start.

Is this the intended behaviour or am I missing something.

Thanks again for your efforts.
There are actually TWO ways to move up: first, by pressing the "^" button, and second, by selecting any "upper" level in the combo box which displays the current collection.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #266
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Thanks for the translation, I linked to it from the first post. And what, you don't like my beautiful and hyper-intuitive icons?

Well, here's a challenge: make better ones
You can find the originals here: https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/ktcollec...cons?at=master

So, it's 25x25 px, and obviously monochrome. Every icon comes in two versions: enabled (black) and disabled (gray). If you manage to come up with better ones, I'll happily include them.
OK, will do asap! But I do not get why monocrome, when KPW has 16 gray shades? Maybe you mean gray? I will do gray first, and If not OK, will make only monocrome
rorogio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #267
rorogio
Enthusiast
rorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than momrorogio loves his/her reader more than mom

Romanian 2.2.1 version update text

Here is an updated version of the Romanian text. (made some mistakes in the virst version and is more intuitive now too )

# Romanian localization by rorogio
[ro]
display.collectionsonly=Afișare doar colecții
invisible.show=Afișare fișiere și colecții ascunse
filter.loweronly=Ignorare setări în panoul de sus
import.calibre=Importare colecții din Calibre
export.calibre=Exportare colecții pentru Calibre
update.dir.menu=Creare colecții din dosarele existente
update.dir.msg=Atenție: această acțiune poate fi riscantă. Vor fi ȘTERSE toate colecțiile existente și vor fi create automat colecții pe baza structurii dosarelor din dosarul 'documents'. Sigur continuați?
update.dir.title=Importare colecții
delete.all.menu=Ștergere totală colecții
delete.all.msg=Sigur continuați?
action.done=Acțiune realizată cu succes.
show.unfiled.only=Panou de sus: afișare doar necolecționate

Last edited by rorogio; 12-13-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #268
ixtab
(offline)

@rorogio: Please edit your first post to update it to the new strings, as it will get complicated for me to keep track of translation updates otherwise. Thanks!

PS: In case you can't edit that post, it may be because of a "new user restriction" - I read somewhere that you can only edit your posts once you made a minimum number of posts (5? 10?) - but that is just hearsay, I can't verify it. If that is the case, let me know and I can edit it for you (if you agree, that is).
Old 12-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #269
rorogio
Enthusiast

Quote:
@rorogio: Please edit your first post to update it to the new strings, as it will get complicated for me to keep track of translation updates otherwise. Thanks!

PS: In case you can't edit that post, it may be because of a "new user restriction" - I read somewhere that you can only edit your posts once you made a minimum number of posts (5? 10?) - but that is just hearsay, I can't verify it. If that is the case, let me know and I can edit it for you (if you agree, that is).
true, I wanted to edit the first message but had no option for that, so if you can edit it it's OK!
Old 12-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #270
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorogio View Post
true, I wanted to edit the first message but had no option for that, so if you can edit it it's OK!
OK, done. Give it a bit of time, and you should be able to edit it yourself soon. BTW, what about those icons you promised?

PS: Oh, I just saw your previous answer. So yes of course, I meant "grayscale", not strictly 1-bit. But as you can judge from my images, I can do pixel images, but not much more

Last edited by ixtab; 12-13-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks