Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-27-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
nsxbill
nsxbill began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Talking Newbie Saying Hello

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new Kindle DX. Ordered one (I thought) to arrive back in early June, but got lost somewhere in the shuffle. A coworker that pre-ordered hers got it, and now I have Kindle envy! Checking in with Amazon, had to reorder, and expect it shortly after the Fourth. Hope it makes it on Friday, but not holding my breath.

I found the forum looking for converter information on swapping over various formats like .lit and .chm to the Kindle format from my Macintosh. I do like to read, and this format just seems to fit me to a tee! I have been reading while traveling on my iPhone, and Audiobooks while commuting, but screen just to small on my phone. The new DX looks perfect for storing files/research documents, and I anticipate it being quite an asset at work (At least that is how I will sell it to the little woman!).

Look forward to all the good information I anticipate finding amongst the posts here.

Glad to be here.

nsxbill
Northern California
nsxbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, nsxbill, we're happy to have you.

While you are waiting, you can read the manual and be an expert by the time it arrives. Go here for FAQ's, and the downloadable PDF manual and quick start guide.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200127470

Scour the forums, don't hestitate to ask questions, and download some of the free books we have here already formatted for your KDX by our own members.

You'll want the mobipocket (.prc) format.

Enjoy

Last edited by desertgrandma; 06-27-2009 at 06:46 PM. Reason: forgot the link!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
VetteLady
Love to Read
VetteLady began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500; PRS-505 Silver, IPod Touch 1st Gen
Welcome nsxbill. I just joined the other day, but wanted to add my welcome.
VetteLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi nsxbill and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the board! congratulations on your new purchase!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, nsxbill!

You will definitely find the information you need to make the most of your Kindle here at MR.

Enjoy!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello nsxbill, and Click image for larger version

Name:	welcome purple.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	31557 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #9
nsxbill
nsxbill began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Thanks for the welcome

Still no Kindle, but expecting it on July 7...who knows, it might come in the mail just in time for the weekend!
nsxbill is offline   Reply With Quote