Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallista View Post
Yup, happy camper... just need to learn not to want to push the nonexistent Home and page forward buttons every time! and I would like other fonts, not sure I really like the ones they included. Where is the one from the K3? That one was fine...
They are there. Caecilia, Caecila Condensed and Helvetica are the original Kindle fonts. It's real easy to add more... up to 10 without jailbreaking.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #47
Dallista
Connoisseur
Dallista doesn't litterDallista doesn't litter

Device: K3, PW
Thanks, will have to try adding fonts asap... and compare the PW ones with the K3 one I always used. They sure seemed different to me, how odd. Can't just be the higher res, can it? Huh...
Dallista is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #48
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallista View Post
Thanks, will have to try adding fonts asap... and compare the PW ones with the K3 one I always used. They sure seemed different to me, how odd. Can't just be the higher res, can it? Huh...
Yep they are the same. I jailbroke my K4 and took the fonts from it to add more weight and put back on the PW. You will find size 4 on the K3 is about Size 5 on the PW.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #49
Dallista
Connoisseur
Dallista doesn't litterDallista doesn't litter

Device: K3, PW
Thanks for the help! That was really easy, adding other fonts. I'm now using the Charis SIL regular font, that one looks nice. :-)
Dallista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #50
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I got my replacement-paperwhite today and I'm happy to say that I got a perfect screen this time It got here in two days, fom the US to the Netherlands I'm having such a great experience with Amazon, I will be happy to be a loyal customer for life.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #51
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
I got my replacement-paperwhite today and I'm happy to say that I got a perfect screen this time It got here in two days, fom the US to the Netherlands I'm having such a great experience with Amazon, I will be happy to be a loyal customer for life.
Glad you like it. And great fast service from Amazon as well.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #52
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
It got here in two days, fom the US to the Netherlands
I think that Kindle did not come from the US

I've often ordered stuff from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de, and most of it is sent directly from the Netherlands. I can't remember the address, but they definately have a store house over here.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #53
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I think that Kindle did not come from the US

I've often ordered stuff from Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de, and most of it is sent directly from the Netherlands. I can't remember the address, but they definately have a store house over here.
Maybe they do, but I was able to follow my package from Allentown PA US to my house
Old 01-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #54
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Woohoo! Always happy to hear from someone who got a good screen!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #55
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Congrats!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #56
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Congratulations! Getting my replacement today as well, I hope it's as good as yours
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:01 PM   #57
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Glad to hear of other people with good screens. I was beginning to think Blossom and I were the only two with good screens! <not really, I know other people have been reporting good screens too.>
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #58
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Yay! Great to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtine View Post
Congratulations! Getting my replacement today as well, I hope it's as good as yours
Good luck with yours, xtine!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:41 PM   #59
Joy736
Addict

Thanks for congratulations everybody. I hope you'll all get good screens too! If I'm following this screen-thing correctly, we seem to be getting more and more good screens. There is hope!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #60
xtine
Addict
xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xtine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thank you, xendula! Fingers crossed!
xtine is offline   Reply With Quote