Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #91
Luminose
Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyd View Post
I had the same problem at Staples. The new ones were in the back room. I had to tell them it was in their flyer. No demo unit, just a sign for the new guy, right next to the silver demo unit and sign. I think it will be tough to push the silver at the same price as the black.
Ha. I had the same issue at Best Buy. I called to have them reserve me a unit. When I showed up it was the silver version. It took about 5 minutes of them searching the computer and me pulling up their website to get the new black model.
Luminose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #92
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminose View Post
Ha. I had the same issue at Best Buy. I called to have them reserve me a unit. When I showed up it was the silver version. It took about 5 minutes of them searching the computer and me pulling up their website to get the new black model.
In the past I placed an online order with BB for store pick up. That means before I show up at the store they are supposed to have verified the order and processed my CC and have it waiting for pickup. But when I got their I found out they did not have my item in stock so instead they found a similar item and without verification and approval from me they charged my CC. Okay, no biggie I thought, just back off the purchase. But they said they have a 24 hour waiting period before they can accept returns. "Not my fault you BB guys screwed up, get a GD manager." Bottom line was I had to wait 24 hours then make another trip to the store to return my item. So two trips to the store and much frustration later I still didn't have my item. This was the final straw in a long list of BB frustrations.

I don't go to BB anymore.
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #93
Luminose
Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luminose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
In the past I placed an online order with BB for store pick up. That means before I show up at the store they are supposed to have verified the order and processed my CC and have it waiting for pickup. But when I got their I found out they did not have my item in stock so instead they found a similar item and without verification and approval from me they charged my CC. Okay, no biggie I thought, just back off the purchase. But they said they have a 24 hour waiting period before they can accept returns. "Not my fault you BB guys screwed up, get a GD manager." Bottom line was I had to wait 24 hours then make another trip to the store to return my item. So two trips to the store and much frustration later I still didn't have my item. This was the final straw in a long list of BB frustrations.

They asked me if I wanted to pay over the phone. I little voice my head was screaming not to. So glad I didn't.
Luminose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #94
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post

That's ridiculous! What possible reason can they quote you for making you wait 24h, regardless of whose fault it is?! And: does it say so on the back of their receipts?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #95
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yeah I'd say to tell them good luck with that! Maybe if they mark them down to $49 or less but otherwise get the Black version it's better.
I think some well intentioned people who don't know anything about ereaders may see the $10-off sign and think they are getting a deal. They may even ask if this is the new model, and I am fairly sure they would get yes for an answer. The guy I talked to was totally clueless, and only when I said "the black one" did he have a concept to grasp that he could convey to his manager. "The new $69 Kindle" just made him point to the OLD one, and we were in quite a loop going back and forth for a few minutes. Tsk. Tsk.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert