Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
yustawork
yustawork began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Is there a Magic Key for the PW2

Today I was able to JB my PW2; I also installed usbnet, MKK and KUAL. Everything worked great; but then I made a change to some upstart conf files and my kindle is now stuck on the tree image. The progress spinner (lower portion of the screen, center) gets through 1 rotation and stops.

I'd like to get into diags/fastboot mode, but I haven't found any information for the PW2.

The PW2 has only the touchscreen and the power button for inputs. (And the switches when you open/close the cover). Has anyone found out how to enable fastboot or diags mode on this device?
yustawork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
No "magic key" sequence is known for the DX/DXG, PW1, or PW2.

Sounds like it is time for you to connect to the serial port and practice your u-boot skills (starting with running bis).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:27 AM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
If you don't have the rescue pack installed, depending on when it stalls, check if you can get USBMS access, which would allow you to enable SSH at boot, which would enable you to restore what you broke.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diags, fastboot, magickey, pw2