Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
How much iPad storage have you used?

I have less than 6GB left of my 64GB. Didn't realize how quickly I'd be using it up. What's your usage?
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #2
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Mine is just about the same.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
I have a few gigs left on my 32G..but I had to do some pruning of videos in order to fit some new ones before a trip last weekend. I think its one of those things-no matter how much storage you buy...you always can find a way to fill it up
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
64g ipad.. generally have about 2g free.. 32g iphone.. generally with about 2g free.. i try not to dip below that.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #5
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I have just about 4 gigs on my 16.... I have some music, but no movies as I don't watch TV or movies...... Okay, I go see a movie at a theater maybe twice a year........

That is why I knew the 16 would work for me. I use it for the internet, reading and apps.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

My music, audio books and podcasts are sucking up tons of storage. I have an 80GB iPod, but I'm finding iPad really handy for audio, because I can easily scroll through all the titles and "rediscover" what I already own. Argh. I want more space.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
10.2 GB available on a 16 GB iPad. It'll be a LONG time before I need more space--I don't do movies or TV. I might load a video on the iPad before traveling by plane somewhere, but I'd delete it again once I got home. Books are stored mostly in Amazon or Barnes & Noble's cloud, with the exception of a few PDF's. I have no use for music on this thing since I can't dock it into my speakers. In my world, that's what the iPhone is for; I went with 32 GB on that knowing I would load it up with songs and wanting as much free drive space as possible for taking pictures/recording video.

So really all that's on here are the 80-something apps and their related files. No regrets on getting the smallest memory size.
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
I have less than 6GB left of my 64GB. Didn't realize how quickly I'd be using it up. What's your usage?
My problem is not storage. It's the 11 desktops. I permanently have to delete apps.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
Maggie Leung
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
My problem is not storage. It's the 11 desktops. I permanently have to delete apps.
Won't that be fixed with iOS 4, with the feature that lets you create little files (or whatever they call it) of apps? I saw that feature when I updated my iPhone 3G, though I have no use for it. I have only photos and a few dozen apps on my phone.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #10
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
Won't that be fixed with iOS 4, with the feature that lets you create little files (or whatever they call it) of apps? I saw that feature when I updated my iPhone 3G, though I have no use for it. I have only photos and a few dozen apps on my phone.
...eagerly waiting for IOS4. Mainly because of multitasking. But organising my apps will be a nice add-on.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 03:21 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
My storage is always right on the limit, due to video. My music and audiobooks I keep on a 160GB iPod Classic.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:28 AM   #12
harakiri
Groupie
harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harakiri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
16gb iPad, 8gb available

I erase stuff that I watch or read
harakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by harakiri View Post
16gb iPad, 8gb available

I erase stuff that I watch or read
A good thing to do. The iPad is not an archival device, it is a consuming device. I store my 40 gigs of music and some old TV show videos (The Prisoner...etc) on hard drives with mirror backups......

On the other hand.... when SDD gets cheaper, 250 gigs would be nice
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:49 AM   #14
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I'm using about 2 gig of my 16. But I use my ipad as intented. Reading, surfing the web and such. As soon as I finish a book, I delete it as I also keep it on my pc.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:30 AM   #15
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
I rarely go over 10gig used on my 32, I don't use mine for music and use airvideo for video.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote