Danica82
Danica82 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am very sorry!.
Danica82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #242
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
this is an extremely old thread
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #243
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Some people may just be now discovering Patricia's legacy...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:44 PM   #244
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
???WOT???
I just heard it,
Patricia guided me through the basics of bookdesigner in 2008!
I know I haven't heard from her in a while, but the loss is a serious shock to me!
I'm probably 2 years late, but still....
RIP Patricia,
And thank you for helping me create books, and your effort in getting this site literally loaded with books!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #245
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
It is amazing how some people, even if you have never met them personally, and

the memory of them, can remain with one.

Patricia's legacy is a memory of a lady with patience, love of books, and of a

gentleness.

Her library remains as a testament to a gentle soul.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #246
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Shouldn't we observe a yearly vigil in her honor throughout the site? It could be a banner that stays on every page for that day...
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #247
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Shouldn't we observe a yearly vigil in her honor throughout the site? It could be a banner that stays on every page for that day...
That's the last thing in the world that Patricia would have wanted - believe me. Are you proposing that we do the same for every MR member who's died? There have been many.

Last edited by HarryT; 05-21-2012 at 09:46 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:23 AM   #248
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Yes, no banner.
People who knew her would find out afterwards anyways, no revering a person like a saint, she would not have wanted this, nor do I think it's an appropriate behavior, even though I can understand the sentiment behind it.

There already is a banner posted on the upload book forum (how I got to this thread), which is good enough for those who knew her to know about her situation, and those who don't know her, to not be disturbed about it.
Indeed we knew her, but I can't imagine having hundreds of names on the MR list I have never before heard of!

However, in rememberance of some members, though the list may be small, it might be an idea to have a thread pinned down as a sticky in offtopic forum, including the reported names (usernames and/or real names if desired) and dates of the passing away of the members.
A thread for all members. But I'm sure if there's anything good out in the world, that there have to be some users abusing the system, and causing legal disaster; just like facebook got sued for:
1- showing a birthday indicator of a 3 year old deceased person,
2- Showing inactive members as deceased (after they've been reported as deceased), and those members returning to facebook finding their own profile declares they are dead!

Seeing the legal side of issues, I think it's better to leave things as they are!

Last edited by ProDigit; 05-21-2012 at 11:25 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #249
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I was away from Mobileread for a while and when I started posting again I noticed that several members who had been active in the past weren't posting any longer. I just assumed that Patricia was one of these posters, so like ProDigit, I just found out that she had passed away.

I realize it is very late in coming, but I too wish condolences to those who loved her. She was truly part of the soul of MobileRead, and my Kindle must have at least a hundred books she created.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #250
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
She was truly part of the soul of MobileRead, and my Kindle must have at least a hundred books she created.
The best way to remember ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #251
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you proposing that we do the same for every MR member who's died? There have been many.
That's a sad admonition. If only they could be remembered.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #252
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I don't know, she would have been quite tickled by being made St Patricia. She would have converted "Lives of the Saints" and required that we all read it first, though. She sure made a good retrochronic VP running mate...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote