Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 12:59 AM   #1
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Bugtracker - Pocketbook Pro - 2.0.6

In the interest of keeping things neat, let hear about the bugs still present.

From what I've seen (please confirm/deny and report other bugs):

pdfviewer key binding still not changed so you can't pan a zoomed (or landscaped) page. (confirmed)

After detaching from the pc in 'pc link' mode the small arrows icon is still corrupt.

Adobeviewer still has a problem with opening books when the path/filename contains a combination of " # ' [ ] " .

The battery light still seems to be in a sort of debug mode where it lights green on every key-press or movement of the device.

The solitaire game in applications is still called kosynka even if the device is set to English.

The update application fails without explanations (guess we'll have to wait for 2.0.7 to confirm)

When a button is assigned to the 'rotate' function and used the usual rotate menu isn't displayed and you need to choose the orientation using the nav-pad blind.

Last edited by J.C.; 04-16-2011 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Update
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:49 AM   #2
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Confirming:

pdfviewer key binding still not changed so you can't pan a zoomed (or landscaped) page.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 03:30 AM   #3
cipri
Banned
cipri is on a distinguished road

Device: PB 903
I suspect that nobody of the programmers takes a look at the reported bugs here in the forum, otherwhise i can not explain how something that trivial to solve (like the key bindings) hasn't been solved after that bug was reported here, and also in the german forum.
It seems that our bug reports are useless.
cipri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipri View Post
I suspect that nobody of the programmers takes a look at the reported bugs here in the forum, otherwhise i can not explain how something that trivial to solve (like the key bindings) hasn't been solved after that bug was reported here, and also in the german forum.
It seems that our bug reports are useless.
Yeah it is a waste of time...

Another bug: the dictionary in PDFreader can't detect "-" in a compound word
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Microcox
Microcox began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
I also have a funny one: the "update" application introduced in 2.0.5 doesn't work (at least on my device). PB 903
Microcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 12:01 AM   #6
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Yeah it is a waste of time...

Another bug: the dictionary in PDFreader can't detect "-" in a compound word
Which dictionary jshzh ? and is it only in pdfreader ? it could be a dictionary related problem rather then the reader app.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 AM   #7
J.C.
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microcox View Post
I also have a funny one: the "update" application introduced in 2.0.5 doesn't work (at least on my device). PB 903
Other then using the update application can you access the net with your reader without problems ?
Doesn't work how ? does it give an error message ? won't start ?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:58 AM   #8
Microcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Other then using the update application can you access the net with your reader without problems ?
Doesn't work how ? does it give an error message ? won't start ?
Yes, the net access work like a charm otherwise.

When i try to use the update application, it display a "searching for updates" window that flash 2 or 3 times, disappear and that's all.

Should i understand that you have no problem on your device?
Old 04-06-2011, 02:00 AM   #9
Microcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microcox View Post
Yes, the net access work like a charm otherwise.

When i try to use the update application, it display a "searching for updates" window that flash 2 or 3 times, disappear and that's all.

Should i understand that you have no problem on your device?
Oh, by the way, my mistake. This is a 2.0.5 bug since i'm saying it failed to detect the 2.0.6 update (i had to download it from the website). So i don't know if it works on 2.0.6, as their is no 2.0.7 update available.

Sorry for that...
Old 04-06-2011, 02:39 AM   #10
J.C.
Addict

It's ok Microcox, if it is a bug (and there should have at least been a message saying no update available) its probably hasn't been fixed yet, on the other hand it could be as simple as not putting the update on the update server.

On my device I've no net access since I'm not willing to try and steal the neighbors wi-fi and the device currently won't allow editing the ppp connection script use by the bluetooth.

Edit: could you check and see if you already have an update image on the device/sdcard and if there are delete them and try again ?

Also if anyone else could confirm that the update app fails with no message ?

Last edited by J.C.; 04-06-2011 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:32 PM   #11
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
DO NOT UPGRADE TO 2.0.6

This is a messy upgrade. I uograde and used for one hour and I decided to return to 2.0.4.

I lost notes, some epubs do not open in either adobeviewr or fbreader...

I regret it!!!!
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #12
J.C.
Addict

Loosing some data is expected hind sight being 20/20 you probably should have backed-up some data, myself before upgrading I actually tried reseting the device as close to default as possible using the 'clean state' and 'format internal memory'.

Could you try removing those books from the device and transferring a new copy ? if that doesn't solve it maybe we can learn more about the problem, I've only seen that bug that I mentioned up top about adobeviewer and its not new to this version.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #13
Microcox

Quote:
Edit: could you check and see if you already have an update image on the device/sdcard and if there are delete them and try again ?
Yes, i tried with old installation files and after deleting them, and the problem wath always there.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #14
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

I decide to give it a try again. Here my findings

1-FBreader keeps more formatting that came with the epubs. Epubs looks better
2-Dictionaries sometines crash the fbreader or adobewiers. There is some strange black big line on the top of the page when you tried to look for words using the round key. When I move the key down, the cursors move, when I move to right or left, no response and the app crash.
3-pdfviewer, when on landscape mode do not pan pages.
4-The previous notes that I have stored, when I open the book, the note mark on the text is not on the correct position when I first created.
5-Note taking is slow on cursor.
6-the pocket news app is the worse!. I prefer the old one, that open the browser app. I can not access the top buttons on the app to move forward, look like for me that is in develpemnt stage, not for general use.

Quote:
In the interest of keeping things neat, let hear about the bugs still present.

From what I've seen (please confirm/deny and report other bugs):

pdfviewer key binding still not changed so you can't pan a zoomed (or landscaped) page. (confirmed)

After detaching from the pc in 'pc link' mode the small arrows icon is still corrupt.

Adobeviewer still has a problem with opening books when the path/filename contains a combination of " # ' [ ] " .

The battery light still seems to be in a sort of debug mode where it lights green on every key-press or movement of the device.

The solitaire game in applications is still called kosynka even if the device is set to English.

The update application fails without explanations (guess we'll have to wait for 2.0.7 to confirm)
Old 04-09-2011, 11:56 PM   #15
skydive
Addict

Update: I manage to use the newsfeed, kind of tricky, the key mappings are very strange. To going up or down the main news feed page need to use the next page button for up and back button for down and the round button to select the news and center button to select. There is sometimes that when exit the newsfeed app, the main menu appear mixed up with the news screen, king of messy and buggy!!.

keep you posted !
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
I decide to give it a try again. Here my findings

1-FBreader keeps more formatting that came with the epubs. Epubs looks better
2-Dictionaries sometines crash the fbreader or adobewiers. There is some strange black big line on the top of the page when you tried to look for words using the round key. When I move the key down, the cursors move, when I move to right or left, no response and the app crash.
3-pdfviewer, when on landscape mode do not pan pages.
4-The previous notes that I have stored, when I open the book, the note mark on the text is not on the correct position when I first created.
5-Note taking is slow on cursor.
6-the pocket news app is the worse!. I prefer the old one, that open the browser app. I can not access the top buttons on the app to move forward, look like for me that is in develpemnt stage, not for general use.

Tags
602 603 902 903 2.0.6