Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
kc2dpt
kc2dpt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Instapaper repeats

When I use the recipe for Instapaper that comes with Calibre it downloads the articles just fine but doesn't mark them as "read" or move them to a "read" folder or mark them as "archived" or anything. It just leaes them as they are. That means every time the calibre recipe runs it pulls the same articles plus any new ones added since the last pull. I was under the impression this shouldn't be happening? Do I need to set something up for this to happen? Do I need to tweak the recipe? Does this work for anyone else out there?

Thanks in advance.
kc2dpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #2
modriguez
modriguez began at the beginning.

Device: None
I'm having the exact same problem. Have you figured out what the issue is?
modriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
kc2dpt
kc2dpt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Nope.
kc2dpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm the author of that recipe.

The recipe just downloads available links without doing anything to change their state. This behavior is by (my) design.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
modriguez
modriguez began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thanks for your reply, and thanks for your hard work. For some reason a bunch of Web sites referencing your recipe seem to believe downloaded articles will be automatically archived. But since you're the recipe author I suppose you would know!

Anyway, if somebody with the time and know-how could tweak the Instapaper recipe to make it auto-archive downloaded articles I'm sure many people would be grateful!
modriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by modriguez View Post
I'm having the exact same problem. Have you figured out what the issue is?
Yes, the issue is that you are not manually marking all as read or clearing them out or whatever you need to do in instapaper after you fetch the downloaded articles.

I haven't reviewed the recipe, but you might be able to minimize the overlap by changing the number of days the recipe looks back from 7? to 1 or 2 depending on how often you fetch this source.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote