Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2016, 04:28 AM   #1
jbm1
jbm1 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+
Unhappy Boyue T62+ Screen not Responding

Hi, I've had my Boyue for about a year. Hadn't used it in a couple of months and then when i picked it up the screen was unresponsive in the centre. Then became completely unresponsive.

I've tried searching and asked Boyue direct but can't find instructions:

How to factory reset without being able to use screen?

How to install a firmware update or alternate os that might fix problem?

Help greatly appreciated! !
jbm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
That sucks!

When I updated my firmware, I believe I just inserted the SD card and turned the device on and it automatically updated the firmware without my having to touch the screen. The update fixed the quick battery drain and sleep problems my T62+ had been having... and it's been working perfectly ever since.

You can find the firmware update in this first post by FOV - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265289

In that first post, click on the link to Google Drive and then click on the T62D folder which is for the Boyue T62+.

I used the (T62D-150929) firmware which works great. There is now a more recent update which I haven't tried yet and probably won't because the 150929 firmware works so well. (Someone who tried the latest FW that was just posted the other day thought the battery was draining quicker.)

It was so easy to update - just unzip the folder and copy the contents to an SD card. Insert it into your Boyue T62+ and it should install itself.

I hope that works for you and fixes your screen problem!
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
boyue, boyue t62, froze, screen broken, screen defect