Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-10-2008, 03:26 AM   #16
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Warranty support by Sony tends to vary a lot, depending upon the product, and the product line in that particular category. And that is just within a single country.

From what I've seen Sony support for its laptops, at least in the UK is pretty decent.

Not so much in other countries. and do I need to mention that sony has some of the most limited warranty support in the major manufacturers, taking into account how much of a premium you usually have to pay.

My dad's Vaio TX's fan conked out and as it was just outside the 1 year warranty, Sony Middle East would not officially even look at it without charging an expensive service fee. In the end it was cheaper and easier to get the local laptop geek have a look at it and fix it.

So your milage may vary a great deal.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:49 AM   #17
clewley
clewley began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
No I kept it in its leather case and away from all heat sauces. apparently the cybook that broke down was a new cybook that I bought while the old one, about three months old, was being repaired and unknown to me bookeen demand $120 plus post, for what they claimed was a broken screen which is not under guarantee. I was told this by email. Well the same thing happened to my new cybook within a few days. I have refused to buy back the failed cybook and my new broken cybook is now somewhere on a waist tip.
clewley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
€120, in fact - that's US$185 at today's exchange rate.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
We have a story someplace here in the forum about someone's Sony Reader needing warranty work outside the USA and Sony actually took care of it. Also someone else had to send in the 500 for warranty and received a 505 back. So as far as reader warranty goes, I'd say it's quite good overall.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote