Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 03-24-2014, 03:10 AM   #1
velsankar
velsankar began at the beginning.

Device: none
docx to epub conversion working from command-line but not from PHP

Hi,

I have installed calibre in a shared host(linux). I am able to convert a docx file to epub on linux command-line using ebook-convert command. But when I execute the same command from PHP's exec() function and run the php file from browser, I am getting the following MemoryError. The size of the docx file was just 2MB. However, I tried with a small file with just one word "test" in it. Even then, it throws the same error. What could be going wrong?

Array ( [0] => Traceback (most recent call last): [1] => File "site.py", line 58, in main [2] => File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/cli.py", line 341, in main [3] => File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/cli.py", line 294, in create_option_parser [4] => File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/plumber.py", line 10, in [5] => File "site-packages/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 15, in [6] => File "site-packages/calibre/customize/builtins.py", line 654, in [7] => File "site-packages/calibre/devices/apple/driver.py", line 8, in [8] => File "ctypes/__init__.py", line 555, in [9] => File "ctypes/__init__.py", line 279, in _reset_cache [10] => MemoryError )

Thanks,
Velsankar.
velsankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 09:36 PM   #2
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Different ulimit settings, perhaps?
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2016, 01:06 AM   #3
FittersGuy
FittersGuy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Did you ever figure this out? I'm running into the same issue with epub-meta
FittersGuy is offline   Reply With Quote