Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-07-2007, 04:38 AM   #31
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_ninja View Post
Also I wonder why +/- don't function as page up/down when not using audio functions? If audio is not active then these buttons are disabled, so might as well activate them for page up/down.
My first thought was also that this would be a good idea. Maybe these buttons are not designed to be pressed as many time as you will press a page turning button.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:11 AM   #32
tobyb
tobyb began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Yep i'd agree it would be nice if the plus & minus buttons could be customised - e.g. go to the next page etc.

Bookeen if you're reading, perhaps for the next firmware?!
tobyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2007, 06:37 AM   #33
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Did any of you who took a few photos of your cybook have one with one of the books generated with Feedbooks displayed ?

I'd like to blog about the release and this kind of picture would be helpful.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #34
IreneDelse
Groupie
IreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enough

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 & Opus
I did take one ! Click to enlarge:

Actually, it's a scan, but the picture is quite clear.
IreneDelse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:53 AM   #35
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by IreneDelse View Post
I did take one ! Click to enlarge:

Actually, it's a scan, but the picture is quite clear.
Merci Irène ! D'ailleurs tu connais un peu des auteurs de Fantasy ou de SF qui diffusent sous Creative Commons en français ?

Did you liked "Accelerando" ? I had a lot of fun reading this one, love the post-cyberpunk universe at the beginning of the book. I wonder why Michael embedded "I, Robot" instead of "Down and out in the Magic Kingdom". More people downloaded "I, Robot", but the name is confusing. I guess some people expected Asimov instead...
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2007, 12:23 PM   #36
IreneDelse
Groupie
IreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enoughIreneDelse will become famous soon enough

Hi, Hadrien ! I didn't read Accelerando yet, but I'm planning to.

Sinon, des auteurs de SF et fantasy français qui diffusent en CC, j'en connais quelques uns... Moi-même, j'ai mis plusieurs nouvelles en téléchargement sur mon blog.
http://www.irenedelse.com/category/nouvelles/

Voir aussi Emmanuel Guillot et le Groupe 746 de Lulu.com :
http://stores.lulu.com/gr746
http://stores.lulu.com/emmanuelguillot
Old 11-09-2007, 07:57 AM   #37
IreneDelse
Groupie

BTW, if you're looking for other french language SF/fantasy works freely available, see Utopod, a podcast of short stories by Johan Héliot, Joël Champetier, Ugo Bellagamba and other contemporary authors.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:40 PM   #38
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by simple dave View Post
Come on people, snap some pictures. You can never have too many pictures. Take some pictures in bad lighiting condition. Show us the menus. Show us side view. What is the smallest readable font size? how many lines per page do you get in that case.
Do kind of a visual review. Each new happy owner donate a picture . Help the undecided make the switch...
Some pictures showing smallest font size, largest font size and one of the demo pictures to demonstrate gray scale. I don't plan on using if for pictures though. I used the built in Verdana font.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of CyBOOK 005.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	642.8 KB
ID:	7148   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of CyBOOK 004.jpg
Views:	544
Size:	609.3 KB
ID:	7149   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of CyBOOK 006.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	804.0 KB
ID:	7150  
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Barcey, can you attach that parrot photo? I'd like to see how it looks on my 505.

I've been noticing that books in mobi format do use a fair bit of margin. Is there any way using Mobipocket's tools to specify the margin?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:10 PM   #40
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Barcey, can you attach that parrot photo? I'd like to see how it looks on my 505.

I've been noticing that books in mobi format do use a fair bit of margin. Is there any way using Mobipocket's tools to specify the margin?
Ask and you shall receive.

No unfortunately there's no way to remove the margins yet. I'm hoping that will be an option in a future firmware release. You don't get the extra lines when you remove the header or progress bar either. More wasted space then I'd like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parrot.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	7151  
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:10 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Other versions of the Mobi reader have a menu setting to change the margin size; hopefully Bookeen will add this to their version in a future release. I find the current margin to be reasonable, however.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:38 AM   #42
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
The current margin works OK and sometimes you need a margin since you can get a shadow from the leather case.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #43
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Some pictures showing smallest font size, largest font size and one of the demo pictures to demonstrate gray scale. I don't plan on using if for pictures though. I used the built in Verdana font.
the smallest font size is surprising large. Only about 30 lines on the page. I would expected a bit more for the smallest font.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:15 PM   #44
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
the smallest font size is surprising large. Only about 30 lines on the page. I would expected a bit more for the smallest font.

Dale
Clearly you haven't moved Berling Antiqua to your Cybook yet! I just switched from Constantia to Berling Antiqua and got it up to *40* lines!!!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:16 PM   #45
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Clearly you haven't moved Berling Antiqua to your Cybook yet! I just switched from Constantia to Berling Antiqua and got it up to *40* lines!!!

Derek
Be damned if *I* can stand to *read* it at that setting for very long, though.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote