Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #16
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Likely captions for poohbear's cat pics aka "Inside the mind of a chicken owner's cats":

pic1: <nibble, gnaw, chomp...chook tastes soooo good even in dreamzz>
pic2: <hurry home u big chook! we wantz 2 lick ur legs>
pic3: <that drumstick is mine mine mine!>
pic4: <where's the paw soap? i haz greazy claws from chomping on dat big yummy chook!>

Great pics of all those pets...so jealous. One day soon when I get situated here in HK...

@Stitchawl: A capital idea re: the dust bunnies...I am pretty sure I got a nice collection already

Last edited by lestatar; 07-14-2011 at 11:45 AM.
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #17
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie in Ma View Post

Percy Jackson

Arwen

Oh cool, we have two Arwens! (KK's younger cat is named Arwen).

(You know you're a forum regular when you know the member's pet's names....)

Last edited by phenomshel; 07-14-2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: additional musings
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #18
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Oh cool, we have two Arwens! (KK's younger cat is named Arwen).

(You know you're a forum regular when you know the member's pet's names....)
*snicker snort* at the puppy park I have known some folks for years, and many of their intimate details, but I only know the two leggeds as "fuzzy's Mom" gets awkward
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #19
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Here are some of my favorite photos of Norton. The one on the far right was taken within the last month.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0Norton.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	74365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Norton 2010-05-10.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	74368   Click image for larger version

Name:	Norton002.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	74369   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0798.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	593.2 KB
ID:	74370  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:01 AM   #20
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Here's Fifi ...

Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2011, 02:07 AM   #21
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Here are some of my favorite photos of Norton. The one on the far right was taken within the last month.
That shot on the right is really nice. For a small dog, he really looks majestic!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:31 AM   #22
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
@Sweetpea - your cats destroy cardboard too? Mine chew up and eat their cardboard scratching boxes! But still manage to leave lots of those little pieces on the carpet that clog the vacuum!
Only one. The red one. And he really gets into a trance of some sort when he starts to shred cardboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
That shot on the right is really nice. For a small dog, he really looks majestic!

Stitchawl
I agree!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:46 AM   #23
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Stitchawl
Oh, he's definitely an alpha dog. The first thing he does at the vet's office is try and establish his dominance over all the other dogs there.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #24
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
*snicker snort* at the puppy park I have known some folks for years, and many of their intimate details, but I only know the two leggeds as "fuzzy's Mom" gets awkward
Ditto here! I walk through my neighborhood after dinner most every night - and know ALL the dogs & cats by name, but only a few names of the two-leggeds attached to their leashes!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:25 PM   #25
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
It's so true that it's easier to remember dog names and you can always look at dog tags while at the park which takes less effort than constantly asking someone their name lol.

I love everyone's animal pics. As you can tell from my avatar, I do really love my dog. It's her as a puppy, but she's 5 years old now. Her name is Luna, yes she is named for Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. Her full name is Luna Lily Midnight(her naming was a group affair).

I got a kitten about 6 weeks ago, here's a couple of pics from right after she came home, it's been hard getting pics because any time she does something cute, she's done by the time I bring up my phone to take a pic. We named her Frankenstein or Frankie for short after Dave Lister's cat in Red Dwarf.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	69035_480307705943_634020943_7377552_4445642_n.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	74403   Click image for larger version

Name:	67562_480307350943_634020943_7377546_7542417_n.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	74404   Click image for larger version

Name:	244022_10150274158431273_634221272_9045439_4805170_o.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	555.6 KB
ID:	74405   Click image for larger version

Name:	244083_10150275940366273_634221272_9064791_3095552_o.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	636.0 KB
ID:	74406  

Last edited by anabolina; 07-15-2011 at 12:43 PM.
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #26
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Two kindle PWs wifi, kindle fire, iPad3 wifi
Billy:

Leo and Ozymandias:

Bella:

Eddie:

DMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #27
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ohhh! what are the orange ones?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:46 PM   #28
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"

Name:	005.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	437.3 KB
ID:	74411Click image for larger version

Name:	023.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	784.6 KB
ID:	74410

Last edited by orlok; 07-15-2011 at 05:50 PM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:48 PM   #29
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Wow, great idea for a thread and sooo sweet pets you all have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
I think she looks like she's posing for the caberet poster, Le Chat Noir. Although she "looks" black. She leaves pale grey, almost white, hairs on anything black. I think she's the most gorgeous little stray shelter cat I ever did see.
I become very official now : SolRaven, am I allowed to use your first picture for my computer? It would give such a great background! It's an awesome picture!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:43 AM   #30
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
awesome! Your cats even have an "Orlok-ian" circular patterned rug to mess around on
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote