Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-20-2007, 07:11 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
BD - how to get "monospaced" fonts?

Does anyone know if there's a way to get a section of "monospaced" text in BD? Quite often in books there are sections of the text which need to be displayed monospaced - eg lists which have to "line up" - but I can't find any way of achieving this is BD. In some of my books I've resorted to doing "screen dumps" from "Notepad" and including those as graphics, but there must a better way .

I've tried doing it by setting one of the BD styles - eg "epigraph" - to use the "Courier" font, but this doesn't seem to work - I still end up with a proportional font in the final book.

Anyone have an answer to this?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:26 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
I've tried doing it by setting one of the BD styles - eg "epigraph" - to use the "Courier" font, but this doesn't seem to work - I still end up with a proportional font in the final book.
Well, that would have been my guess, so I'm fresh out of ideas.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2007, 08:31 AM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Use Courier

Both Dutch and Swiss are proportional fonts. Courier is a monospaced font.

In Make eBooks|Sony Reader click on the Styles tab and select one of the existing Courier paragraph styles for your use or (easier) set the ones you use to Courier.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:34 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's exactly what I've tried doing - setting the "Epigraph" style to use Courier, and then marking the text I want to be monospaced as "Epigraph". Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work - the text still comes out with a proportional font in the final book.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Part of the problem is that the name of the Courier font is incorrect in the style page. You can embed a courier font if you want and that should work. The font name is Courier10 BT Roman and BD has it as Courier 10 Pitch Win95BT. That doesn't work.

P.S. I just tried embedding Courier and it worked fine.

Last edited by JSWolf; 04-20-2007 at 11:24 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Excellent - thanks!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:09 PM   #7
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
Part of the problem is that the name of the Courier font is incorrect in the style page. You can embed a courier font if you want and that should work. The font name is Courier10 BT Roman and BD has it as Courier 10 Pitch Win95BT. That doesn't work.

P.S. I just tried embedding Courier and it worked fine.
Sorry, folk: the list of Reader's inner fonts in styles has been made for Readers wth cyrillic support where Courier 10 Pitch Win95BT is used.

If you want I can add Courier10 BT Roman to the list as 4-th font. But I am afraid that it will provoke more confusions...
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Yes - please do add it; it would be a big help, and it won't be confusing for those of us who now know the reason for it!
Old 04-20-2007, 01:55 PM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Please add it, I feel the confusion will be less than the frustration.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It would mean not having to embed a font that the reader actually has native.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote