Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
M92 Browser Experiment

OK, I'm actually typing this sentence on my brand new M92!
I better hit "Save" now.

Now I'm back on my laptop again writing the rest of this. I had first tried to edit and post answers in another tread on my M92, but there were already too many post there so that the virtual keyboard covered the "Save" buttons even under the small Quick Reply window. So I started this new thread from my laptop, as even the "Save" button of "New Tread" is covered by the virtual keyboard which takes up nearly half of the M92 screen. But the "Quick Reply" button under the first post on a page is visible.

Also, one must do it in 75% zoom, otherwise the "Log in" button of this forum is hidden under the right side frame. After hitting the User Name bar, I hit the keyboard icon many times, every 5 seconds, until it reacted after maybe a minute. The same for the Password bar. When I went from the first to the second the keyboard vanished nearly completely, and I waited -now and then tapping the keyboard icon- until it appeared again, and I could fill in my password.

I will try to post one more sentence as a Quick Reply if I can. Otherwise I'll try to edit it in at the bottom of this one. Because I already saw that I had lost my text when my posting time had expired and I had to log in again after trying to post what I had typed out with great difficulty, I have to keep what I try to post using M92 short, as typing on the virtual keyboard is slow.

Back on my M92 again. The Quick Reply button was already too low on the page. Before my time to post this is up I now hit "Save."

On my laptop again now: I had to refresh this page on my M92 to see my above added text here, and log in again. I could only add the above 3 sentences by editing them into this already begun post. The Quick Reply "Save" button was hidden under the virtual keyboard, so I couldn't use that.

But the experiment was successful to me. In an emergency one can even use the M92 for posting on a forum!

Last edited by Lode; 01-28-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Again I'm typing this on the M92, only this time in landscape mode. This way I could log in using 100% zoom. I had not thought of this before.

Last edited by Lode; 01-27-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Lode
Zealot

Wow, this is a surprize: in landscape mode the keyboard does no hide the Quick Reply field and Post Quick Reply button even this low in the thread. While in vertical mode it does.

(I wanted to make a laughing face by typing a : and then a D, but it turned into a real smily, I now see.)

Last edited by Lode; 01-27-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Lode
Zealot

Yep, this way I could keep on posting here writing on the M92... on and on until I woud get banned. Knowing this now, I stop here.

Last edited by Lode; 01-27-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #5
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
Yep, this way I could keep on posting here writing on the M92... on and on until I woud get banned. Knowing this now, I stop here.
Why, keep on the good work. Straightened out a little bit your comments could become part of the manual.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:11 AM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
It was a good experiment.

I often post to this forum from my enTourage eDGe and run into similar problems. Can you type your post and then "lower" or exit the keyboard when you're done (thus exposing the hidden "submit reply" button)? That works for me on the eDGe. It's Android, though, and maybe the M92 keyboard doesn't work that way.

Cheers!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
Lode
Zealot

Back writing this with the M92 in horizontal -landscape- mode again.
I can do it in the Quick Reply field, but not in the Advanced field.

I'll post this now, and make a dotted line, to conntinue below it using my notebook.
................................(better finish with _ to make it faster)________________________

On my notebook now. The reason I have to save my posts a bit fast is that after maybe 20 minutes -not sure- I get the message here that I'm not logged in, even though at the top of the page it says I am. Then what I wrote gets lost when I log in again. I usually go back and see the post still in the Reply field, copy it on my clip board (ctrl + a, ctrl c) and then paste it after logging in again (ctrl + v).

Doing this on the M92 I understand is possible in a different way -copying/pasting a text- but I have not really looked into how to do that yet.

I also found out that the virtual keyboard pops up almost right away after tapping the icon for it once. Or it only takes a few seconds after tapping it again if it didn't work the first time yet.

One must give the M92 the time to do it's thing. Impatiently tapping on different things while it is still working on a previous command while browsing freezes it, and a reset is then needed.

To get rid of the keyboard all I have to do is tap the keyboard icon again.

I have experienced 3 freezes doing these advanced browser acrobatics like having to log in here, switch from filling in my user-name to filling in my password -the keyboard almost completely disappears looking like a mess, but comes back normally after tapping the icon for it again- and going back a page on this website, or when somewhat impatiently tapping different buttons on this site. But going on line and just visiting a website gives my M92 no problems.

PS:
After writing the above below the dotted line fairly quickly on my notebook, and tapping "Save" I got this message again:

"You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again."

So I copied the message in WordPad, then the text on my clipboard I had just written and wanted to post. After refreshing the page and logging in again, I then pasted the text and the message here.

Last edited by Lode; 01-28-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #8
Lode
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
Why, keep on the good work. Straightened out a little bit your comments could become part of the manual.
Yes, a practical How To guide might be helpful. The manual is helpful, but not complete.
At least there is a manual. The few notebooks I have had so far only came with a folder showing where the On/Off buttons were... just about. I really needed to find out from those folders how to turn the things on and off...

Last edited by Lode; 01-28-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:37 AM   #9
Lode
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
It was a good experiment.

I often post to this forum from my enTourage eDGe and run into similar problems. Can you type your post and then "lower" or exit the keyboard when you're done (thus exposing the hidden "submit reply" button)? That works for me on the eDGe. It's Android, though, and maybe the M92 keyboard doesn't work that way.

Cheers!
I' m writing this with the M92, and see this text appear but not the Reply button below it.

Back on my notebook again. After replying with the quote and the above line on my M92, I tapped the keyboard icon, and the keyboard disappeared, so I saw the Reply button and posted it.

So yes, it works as you suggested. Thanks.

I'm sticking to my notebook for posting though from now on. Much faster. But I prefer the Boox M92 for reading.

Last edited by Lode; 01-28-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 PM   #10
Lode
Zealot

I downloaded the M92 Manual PDF from the Internet on my M92. It was almost instantaneous. I already had it on my notebook, but wanted to try this out.
Excellent!