Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-25-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
MarkLFT
MarkLFT began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Samsung Tab
Add book from Calibre to Kindle App for Android

Please forgive me if this is a novice question, but I have been looking for an answer for a while, and nothing seems to work.

I have two eReaders, and old Kindle, which I can just plug-in and calibre sees it, I can then copy my books to it. All is great.

I also have a Samsung Tablet 7plus, an android device. I already have the Kindle app for Android installed, and can receive books via email or direct from Amazon, but I am unable to get books from calibre. Firstly the Samsung does not assign a drive letter when connected via USB, it shows as a media device. So I tied to drop and drag books into the kindle folder on the Samsung, the books are there, but Kindle for Android does not notice them or list them.

I can email books from calibre to my Kindle app on my Samsung, but I have 1000's of books, so emailing them would take forever. I also purchased the Calibre Library for Andoir software from the Google Shop, but this only allows me to download a single book at a time, and I still cannot see them in my Kindle app.

So my question is, is there a simple way, using USB, to get either calibre to talk directly to the Kindle for Android on my Samsung, or to get Kindle for Android to detect the books I have manually copied on to the Samsung device.

I welcome all advice, as I have been looking at this for sometime and get no where fast.

Thanks
MarkLFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
MikeMJ
Constant Reader
MikeMJ began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Sensation 4G (Kindle software)
What version of the Kindle application do you have on your Samsung device?

I have about 1600 books on my Android device. The Kindle application was quite happily accessing all of them until last Sunday, when the application did an auto-upgrade to version 3.6. Since then, the only titles the Kindle application recognizes are those that are in the Amazon archive.

If you are using V3.6, you may want to participate in the discussion "Kindle for Android Update Version 3.6" on the Amazon forum, at http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...x37T7QQ81V27X7
MikeMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
bornmusician
Bibliophile
bornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenbornmusician has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
You might also try enabling usb debugging on your tablet. This seemed to help with my motorola xoom (also an android device)
bornmusician is offline   Reply With Quote