Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #28411
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Late afternoon/after-lesson cup of new Ceylon tea. Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Good luck with your new guitar teacher, Stitchawl.
Thanks. He did a very nice job! I asked for scales and theory, and we worked on scales and theory! Gotta like a teacher who teaches what you ask for. I told him to present it in any manner he felt appropriate, so he started off with a C major scale in the first two positions on the fretboard. As it happens, I was already 'familiar' with those, but facile with them, so I kept my mouth shut and will practice those until I am! Next week we'll continue with the next three positions on the fretboard, which I have absolutely no idea about. Exactly what I want to learn! Yippee. Now... if I could only understand him when he speaks... Manchester lad with an accent so broad you can cut it with a spoon!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #28412
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Good luck with your new guitar teacher, Stitchawl.

I think every muscle in my body is aching, after working in the yard. I always hate the after winter/spring cleanup (weeds and dead leaves, cleaning pots, scrubbing chairs, and replanting/seeding plants), but the reward is the enjoyable, free-time just sitting on the patio reading, once it is all done. I only have one major job left once summer arrives; cleaning out the pond.

Peet's anniversary blend coffee in my cup and a chocolate-covered strawberry on my plate.

I spent Saturday helping a buddy move... so I feel your pain, literally.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:50 AM   #28413
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Clean-up done! Time for a glass of rum.

Stitchawl
Old 05-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #28414
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Ah, this is the part of a book I HATE! You submit everything, and you think "I'm done" and celebrate. No, then you have Author Review. Fine, all Author Review DONE, time to relax! No again, now it's Pages. ARRGH! I was going to goof off and read today. So instead, I get to proofread. Not at all the same.

Hmmm. This probably should have been over in the V&R thread, but too bad. I'll save it by commenting that I'm having no coffee at all today, but am enjoying a big mug of Lion Mountain Keemun.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #28415
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First mug of tea for the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I spent Saturday helping a buddy move... so I feel your pain, literally.
What's that old saying? "A friend will help you move, but a true friend will help you move a body!"
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #28416
Stitchawl
Opsimath

♫ This land is mine; God gave this land to me
This brave and ancient land to me
And when the morning sun reveals her hills and plain
Then I see a land where children can run free

So take my hand and walk this land with me
And walk this lovely land with me
Though I am just a man, when you are by my side
With the help of God, I know I can be strong

Though I am just a man, when you are by my side
With the help of God, I know I can be strong

To make this land our home
If I must fight, I'll fight to make this land our own
Until I die, this land is mine. ♫

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g77oy7GBVs )

Yom Ha'atzmaut! Happy Independence Day! 66 years and counting!

Good morning, everyone! Another Tuesday, just like any other, except... you... are... there! (Anyone else remember that program?) And a wonderful Tuesday it is. God gave us yesterday's earthquake to remind us that being alive is ALL that matters. Everything else is just the trimmings. So to celebrate, I'm drinking East India Company's "Assam" tea, and getting ready to visit the Food and the Fruit Ladies. Ooops! I just remembered... I still have some mangoes left from yesterday! Wow! Yippee!

Stitchawl
Old 05-05-2014, 08:46 PM   #28417
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Diet coke with my afternoon popcorn break.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #28418
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

An after dinner mug of Pu-Erh tea. I am now officially unwound.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:08 AM   #28419
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Stitchawl, it sounds like you may have found a guitar teacher to your liking (once your get the hang of understanding his accent). I'm happy to hear your experience with the earthquake wasn't too bad.

VydorScope - What a good friend you are to help him move. I'm still moving slow, as my muscles get over their aches.

Fresh coffee in my cup and a couple of chocolate-covered strawberries on my plate.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #28420
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Nescafe decaf (black) in my cup.

dreams, this is for you:

orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:22 AM   #28421
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Milk Oolong in my cup
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #28422
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Late night mango lassi... sort of. I had a bunch of mangoes starting to go bad, so I mixed up some milk, yogurt and mango in the blender, over ice.

Stitchawl
Old 05-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #28423
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Late night mango lassi... sort of. I had a bunch of mangoes starting to go bad, so I mixed up some milk, yogurt and mango in the blender, over ice.

Stitchawl
Close enough.

Peet's Major Dickason's coffee, with my Anniversary Breakfast Blend tea cooling off slowly to get to a temperature one can drink it.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:50 PM   #28424
cromag

First mug of tea.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #28425
Stitchawl
Opsimath

♫ Doe, a deer, a female deer
Ray, a drop of golden sun
Me, a name I call myself
Far, a long, long way to run
Sew, a needle pulling thread
La, a note to follow Sew
Tea, a drink with jam and bread
That will bring us back to Do (oh-oh-oh) ♫

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIjobdArtiA )

I'm learnin'....

Good morning, all. A bright and beautiful morning here, with no buildings shaking. That's a good feeling...er... or not feeling! There's a large mug of Viang Joom On's "English Breakfast" tea sitting beside a plate of hummus, babaganous, and Kalamata Olive tepenade, all with my name on it! All is well in my world. Thanks, God!

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?