Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
Madmanden
Enthusiast
Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
A little tip regarding collections

Perhaps this is common knowledge and in which case I apologize. But I just now found out that you can click-right on a collection - choose 'add/remove books' to quickly add books to that collection. I had been doing the same thing - but on each individual book instead! My old way of doing it was of course much, much slower.

Just in case anyone hadn't noticed like myself until 5 minutes ago.
Madmanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, this is an enormously faster way to assign books to collections than right-clicking on the book. It's always worth repeating these things.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
bluemoonjules
Connoisseur
bluemoonjules is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G
Absolutely!
bluemoonjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
mrzerga
Connoisseur
mrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the rough

Device: kindle 3 wifi - love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmanden View Post
Perhaps this is common knowledge and in which case I apologize. But I just now found out that you can click-right on a collection - choose 'add/remove books' to quickly add books to that collection. I had been doing the same thing - but on each individual book instead! My old way of doing it was of course much, much slower.

Just in case anyone hadn't noticed like myself until 5 minutes ago.
i was making the same mistake, until i read in some kindle tips article - felt so stupid - since this is pretty obvious.
mrzerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #5
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Yes it's a good tip. It took me around an hour sorting over 500 books into collections on my new Kindle using this method - I dread to think what it would have been adding them one by one.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
And don't forget that when you're adding books to collections, you can select "Menu->add all books on this page" to make things go even faster.
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:41 PM   #7
pen_sq
Enthusiast
pen_sq began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
And don't forget that when you're adding books to collections, you can select "Menu->add all books on this page" to make things go even faster.
I have never tried that, and I had to set up THREE Kindles. I'll probably forget that by the next time I need it, too!

Once the overall list of books gets large, I prefer to duck each book into a collection individually. Sort by collections, enter a collection, and leave it. That collection is now at the top, and any book in the main list can be placed in that collection by pressing right, click the joystick twice, and press BACK twice. This works great if most of your books are already tucked into a collection, and then you add a few more.

Since books can be a member of more than one collection, I also re-add a chosen few books into a "<NOW READING>" collection. That collection generally floats to the top through heavy use, of course.
pen_sq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:02 AM   #8
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Good tip. Thanks.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:50 AM   #9
Spankypoo
Enthusiast
Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spankypoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Myriad
I feel like a moron.
Spankypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:35 AM   #10
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
It can't be true. Too late: I just sorted all my books, without realizing that option, did use the other option though. I'm feeling like a fool. Thanks, hope I'll remember it next time.

Last edited by desertblues; 09-13-2010 at 02:35 AM. Reason: grammar, grammar, grammar
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:40 AM   #11
Madmanden
Enthusiast
Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spankypoo View Post
I feel like a moron.
Haha, you and me both.
Madmanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:38 AM   #12
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Ooops, sorry guys, I mentioned this tip before the K3's started arriving. Cant remember which thread though, but it was a while back.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:36 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, I think it was you who told me about it. It certainly saved me a huge amount of time!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 03:46 AM   #14
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Me too Harry T! My K3 left side page turn buttons dont work properly anymore so I have to do the collections thing all over again....
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:40 AM   #15
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
I downloaded the Kindle Collection Manager from here:-

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94261

It was excellent.

All my collections done on the PC with a real keyboard and mouse.

Brewjono.
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote