Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Amazon "official" Kindle DX Cover - Still Cracking?

Numerous reports of the "official" kindle cover cracking the kindle DX if opened from the back.

Has this problem being solved (in which case I would by this "official", best selling cover), or should I avoid this cover?
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The DX cover works quite well if care is taken not to open the back cover and put strain on the hinges. Look in this post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90408 for a clip to avoid this potential danger to your DX.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
PaulGuy
Zealot
PaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enough

Device: GDX, K2i, K3 3G, nook wi-fi
This settles the problem.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
PaulGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
avinatbezeq
Connoisseur
avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.avinatbezeq has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, KDXG
Thanks, indeed it appears to solve the problem.

It is annoying, however, that while one can ship the Amazon cover to Israel(and also the Mighty Bright XtraFlex2) , the Smak-Dav can't be shipped here.
avinatbezeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by avinatbezeq View Post
Thanks, indeed it appears to solve the problem.

It is annoying, however, that while one can ship the Amazon cover to Israel(and also the Mighty Bright XtraFlex2) , the Smak-Dav can't be shipped here.
I bet a bit of Velco would work just as well.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #6
shimz
shimz began at the beginning.

Device: DXg
new "official" cover for the DX
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics
expensive but looks good quality

I would like this one but its not available: http://www.amazon.com/OCTOVO-Vintage...pr_product_top

Last edited by shimz; 07-12-2010 at 07:32 PM.
shimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:08 AM   #7
bangkuangz
bangkuangz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimz View Post
new "official" cover for the DX
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=electronics
expensive but looks good quality

I would like this one but its not available: http://www.amazon.com/OCTOVO-Vintage...pr_product_top
You can still get the Octovo if you order it direct from them. But it is very pricey .. its around 85USD before shipping
bangkuangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:12 AM   #8
shimz

$85 before tax and shipping? Wow that's too much...but it is nice. Wonder if amazon will put it back up..always the one I want is unavailable!
Old 07-13-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I bet a bit of Velco would work just as well.
yAAAyyyy! Daffy's back!!!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
shimz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkuangz View Post
You can still get the Octovo if you order it direct from them.
any other shops carry this case? (besides amazon and buying it direct?)