Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-11-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
bspill
bspill began at the beginning.

Trouble Logging In To Connect Reader

I've been trying to log in to Connect Reader both last night and this morning. After I connect to the webside, I get an HTTP error 405 when I try to log in or go to my account. Does anyone know if this is a problem with the website or is it on my end?
bspill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #2
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I had the same problem last night. I read some stuff on another thread about deativating the reader,but it didn't work. Nor did the help inside the software or website reference Firewalls. What I did was this: I first copied my purchased books to another place just in case. Then I uninstalled the software, rebooted, and then reinstalled the software and I was able to finally log into my account on the bookstore site. I also got some warning about deavtivating my PC before deleting the program. I searched for a way, but finally just ignored the warning. When I reinstalled, I didn't have to activate my PC. It recognized it automatically. I guess the key wasn't deleted after uninstalling. HTH

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
bspill
bspill began at the beginning.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did the same thing and got in. Unfortunately, when I tried to go back in later, I had the same problem. It would be nice if Sony had support available on weekends.
bspill is offline   Reply With Quote