Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #46
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Stamir301
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stamir301.gif
Views:	1179
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	52476  
Attached Files
File Type: zip stamir_301.zip (68.4 KB, 645 views)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #47
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Stamir360
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stamir360.gif
Views:	1044
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	52478  
Attached Files
File Type: zip stamir_360.zip (68.4 KB, 639 views)
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 07:48 PM   #48
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Thanks for taking the time to upload all these, fjtorres.

Now the fun part - figuring out which one to use (although, I really like Cleanlook for its ... clean look ).

Again, thanks for doing this.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #49
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Ive personally tried all of those. And by far cleanlook (for me) is the best so far.

Thanks for uploading the pics...very nice of you.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:09 AM   #50
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Ive personally tried all of those. And by far cleanlook (for me) is the best so far.

Thanks for uploading the pics...very nice of you.
I haven't tried them all, but I have tried quite a few and I've been happily using Clean Look for about a month or so. I love it, once I saw it I stopped looking at others.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2010, 07:15 AM   #51
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
As for the wallpapers, startup screens and so on, you can post them, too, but you have to take care not to post copyright protected ones. I will make a thread, if you like.
If you think there is sufficient interest, please do. I'd share a handful, and I sure would like to see what other people come up with.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:04 AM   #52
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
If you think there is sufficient interest, please do. I'd share a handful, and I sure would like to see what other people come up with.
I prepared lots of pictures for my personal use.
I have set my PocketBook to display Random picture during shutdown.

Unfortunately I can not post any of them.

I love work of M.C. Escher http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MC_Escher
The net is full of his works. Many of those are in relatively small resolutions, because they are Copyrighted and still being sold, but all you need is a relatively small resolution picture.
Most of his work is woodcuts, lithographs, and mezzotints, most of the time in black and white, or a few shades of grey, so it is perfectly suited for PocketBook.

All you need is go here:
http://www.mcescher.com/Shopmain/ShopEU/indexshopeu.htm
click on a picture and you get some of those:
http://www.mcescher.nl/Shopmain/Foto/Posters/e9.jpg
http://www.mcescher.nl/Shopmain/Foto/Posters/e4.jpg
http://www.mcescher.nl/Shopmain/Foto/Posters/e6.jpg
http://www.mcescher.nl/Shopmain/Foto/Posters/e10.jpg
http://www.mcescher.nl/Shopmain/Foto/Posters/e15.jpg
There are several posts here describing conversion.
You need basically 600x800 greyscale BMP file. Do experiment.

There are even higher resolution pictures on the net (all legal), just use Google to search for Pictures, select Big ones, enter Escher.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #53
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Yes, M.C. Escher is an obvious choice; I, too, have used a few of his works but as you say, they're still copyright and thus can't be shared in a public forum. In a lot of cases, however, the source image is in the public domain, or the license allows for this kind of thing.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #54
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosavj View Post
Thank you kacir. I love the Sheep and Cleanlook themes. The only tiny problem is that none of them display the "series" in metadata yet. If you find one that does, please let us know.

Thanks
M
Sorry I know that this is a older post, wanted to comment incase they havent found a solution.

What I do for this is to use calibre first off to keep track of my books / edit meta data / covers etc.

Then, when I use calibre to export the books to my PB360, I have it creat sub directories first off using authors sort name ( ie alpha by last name ), then inside that folder I have it store the books using the format:

Series Title, Series Number - book title.
( ie - Funky Dunkies World 01 - Donut Crumbs dont drop in Coffee )

I then set up the 360 to sort books based on file name.

That way all of a authors books are in seperate directory, and inside that all books are sorted by series name, then in order of the books in the series.

If it isnt part of a series, then the series name / number is left off and its just the book name.

Takes jsut a little setup in calibre, but after that is great and easy to find the next book in a series, or even the series you want to read.

I do fudge just a little bit tho, for those series were each book is written by a different author ( some fantasy series etc come to mind ), I make the sort author equal to the author of the first book in the series, or the one that I mentally think of when I think of that series ... just a personal preferance.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #55
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
I have thought about a monthly contest for those themes and pics, maybe with a book voucher or something like that as a price. What do you people think about that? That contest would be for original pics and themes, of course. Anyone interested?
I'm definitely interested in a monthly contest, and am already kicking around some ideas for startup/shutdown themed images. I think ideal prizes would be vouchers for non-drm distributors like SmashWords.

As much as I'd like to develop themes, without some canonical documentation I don't think I have enough time to get into that.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:42 PM   #56
celia19O5
celia19O5 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Oh they are so nice. Thank you very much for sharing !
celia19O5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:42 AM   #57
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I've downloaded antic, many thanks - it's unusual !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:07 AM   #58
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I've downloaded antic, many thanks - it's unusual !!!!
Try cleanlook. That's very practical, too!!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #59
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Yes, I like Cleanlook very much!
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #60
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I seriously LOVE stamir360. Long last-read list, and small, recognizable icons. Just what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote