Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-24-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
richsim
richsim began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Hi From Sunny St. Pete, Florida

Aaah, our weather is in the low, eighties with just a trace of humidity, cooling sea breezes from the Gulf of Mexico, swaying palm fronds, sandy beaches....I know, I sound like I am with the Chamber of Commerce. I am not. I have just started an online ebook store and am anxious to learn, especially about ebook readers.

Looking forward to forums and meeting more folks from around the globe.

Happy weekends everybody.

Rich Simpson
richsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Rich and welcome to MobileRead. If you want opinions about eBooks and eBook stores, you have come to the right place.

Last edited by MickeyC; 04-25-2009 at 07:17 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Rich -- welcome to MobileRead.

Since you are starting a store selling eBooks, I'd love to give you some input. First and foremost, PDF is only suitable for printing or maybe for reading on a full-sized screen. It is *NOT* suitable for reading on a hand-held reader unless the PDF is explicitly produced for the small screen. (Note also that there are devices that don't support PDF files.) I own both a Kindle and a Sony reader, so I'm usually looking for "multi-format" eBooks so that I only have to buy the book one time, but I can get it in both formats. That allows me to decide which reader I'm going to use when I get ready to read the book, not weeks or months ahead of time when I'm buying it.

If you want to see an online eBook store that gets it right, check out Baen's Webscription site at http://www.webscription.net/

We're glad you've dropped in at MobileRead. And, since you'll be selling eBooks, it might be a good idea for you to pick up at least one device so you can have hands-on experience to help you better understand your customers.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:27 AM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Great input from Elsi. Welcome to the forum, Rich
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote