Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
wsuetholz
wsuetholz began at the beginning.

Device: fbreader
Recipe using a plugin

Hello,
Sorry if this is documented, but I didn't find it.

Can a recipe call/use a plugin for downloading and processing feeds? There is now a fanfiction downloader plugin, and I'd like to use it in a recipe. Set up FF.net RSS feed and have that give the list of stories to download to the plugin to process.
Also, I'd like those stories to not be touched by the rest of the newsfeed system after the plugin is done downloading it. In other words, the epub outputted by the plugin is what I'd like to keep. There are tags that get lost when Calibre repacks it.

Please ask if I wasn't clear enough.

Bill
wsuetholz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, recipes cannot use plugins directly. Though recipes are just python code, so you can theoretically do anything in them, for example, you could include all the code from the plugin in to the recipe. Though really for something special purpose like this, I would suggest modifying the ff.net plugin to do the periodical downloading, rather than using the recipe system.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert