Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
nook color 3 million in sales?

kindle smindle

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...?tag=cnetRiver
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Impressive isn't it.

Here is my post on the same topic. All be it, I used a more ambiguous title

Unintentional iPad competitor makes up 50% of tablet market

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
The original article says nothing about 3 million in sales. Barnes and Noble had 3 million Nooks delivered from their manufacturer. And the Crave article believes that is 50% of the non-iPad market-which means the Xoom and the Tab, basically.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #4
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Impressive isn't it.

Here is my post on the same topic. All be it, I used a more ambiguous title

Unintentional iPad competitor makes up 50% of tablet market

=X=
was in BN on Sunday for about an hour and saw 3 get sold.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
That is really amazing when you take into account the short period they have been on the market. I bet there will be some who will try and say..that B&N have not sold that many they are just hiding them out the back :-)
iandix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #6
Zarich
Zealot
Zarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
I returned 3 due to dead pixels before I found a good one. Then returned it because the reading on an LCD was less than stellar.
Zarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:06 AM   #7
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarich View Post
I returned 3 due to dead pixels before I found a good one. Then returned it because the reading on an LCD was less than stellar.
less than steller maybe for you but I was actually pleasently surprised at how much I enjoy reading on it.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
Zarich
Zealot
Zarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheeseZarich can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
I agree.. it is all personal. What is interesting is that I work all day on a computer, but even there if I am going to read something long I print it. My eyes just get to buggy. But we are all different.
The hope here is that B&N will also see a marked increase in book sales due to this otherwise we will see the B&N books store become more of an apple type place.
Zarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarich View Post
I agree.. it is all personal. What is interesting is that I work all day on a computer, but even there if I am going to read something long I print it. My eyes just get to buggy. But we are all different.
The hope here is that B&N will also see a marked increase in book sales due to this otherwise we will see the B&N books store become more of an apple type place.
I hope so too. I would hate to see B&N basically become an internet only store.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #10
techWHAM
techWHAM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, Nook Color, iPad
I like it inside...outside or in a bright room, forget it.
techWHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #11
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by techWHAM View Post
I like it inside...outside or in a bright room, forget it.

I was actually able to read for the first time outdoors yesterday. I was under the train station canopy so I was well shaded but still afternoon It held up very very well in the shade. I will have no worries there.

poolside or beach that is where I'll be bringing my nook classic
Old 03-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #12
techWHAM
techWHAM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook, Nook Color, iPad
Only if it stops snowing...
techWHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #13
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by techWHAM View Post
Only if it stops snowing...
I sure hope so. I'm ready for spring
Old 04-07-2011, 01:20 AM   #14
mrmsmop
mrmsmop began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK color
I just got my Nook color as a gift. Its awesome.
mrmsmop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:17 PM   #15
wymore
Enthusiast
wymore began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
I was actually able to read for the first time outdoors yesterday. I was under the train station canopy so I was well shaded but still afternoon It held up very very well in the shade. I will have no worries there.
Same here. I take mine out in the afternoon to read while my kids are playing in the front yard. I sit in the shade of the front porch and have no problem whatsoever with reading it.
wymore is offline   Reply With Quote