Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
This thread is NOT about T....G...!!!

No, it really isn't, Zelda. So don't pick on me. Anyway, it's all Marc's fault, I'm sure of it.

So I was thinking about Christmas gifts and such and I stumbled on their website (how, I don't know) and was thinking about this one or maybe this one for Dr. Drib and this one for PilotBOb and this one for nomesque and this one for Patricia and Cthulhu and this one for pshwynkies and this one for Ricky and this one for Geoff and this one for Marc and this one for all the geeky guys amongst us and this one for all the nice ladies out there (DG, DG, LB, Deb, and all the rest - you know who you are) and then this one for all the rest of us MRers who have been so nice this year (including me - I'm thinking of putting the Llama, LLama, Duck song on mine.

So what do you think? Just send me your address and I'll make sure that Santa adds these to his list.

Seriously, this thread is not about T....G...! Zelda, are you still there?

Last edited by vivaldirules; 10-27-2009 at 02:43 PM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
The Geoff link is broken and the link for the ladies is missing.

And you forgot the Laddy at the door...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
The Geoff link is broken
Not broken. I'm sure it's just the new Win 7 error messaging service on Geoff's PC that you're seeing.

Quote:
...and the link for the ladies is missing.
Fixed.

Quote:
And you forgot the Laddy at the door...
Who do you think is paying for it all??
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
My, you've been busy with your gift list.

I like what you've chosen for some of the ladies. Lovely mood lighting. Charming.

But what have you chosen for Zelda?
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
No, it really isn't, Zelda. So don't pick on me. Anyway, it's all Marc's fault, I'm sure of it.

So I was thinking about Christmas gifts and such and I stumbled on their website (how, I don't know) and was thinking about this one or maybe this one for Dr. Drib and this one for PilotBOb and this one for nomesque and this one for Patricia and Cthulhu and this one for pshwynkies and this one for Ricky and this one for Geoff and this one for Marc and this one for all the geeky guys amongst us and this one for all the nice ladies out there (DG, DG, LB, Deb, and all the rest - you know who you are) and then this one for all the rest of us MRers who have been so nice this year (including me - I'm thinking of putting the Llama, LLama, Duck song on mine.

So what do you think? Just send me your address and I'll make sure that Santa adds these to his list.

Seriously, this thread is not about T....G...! Zelda, are you still there?
ooooooo.........I lIke!! Those are really pretty. Thank yo doggie, and a stocking full of bacon with under the chin scritches coming your way!!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
actually i seriously covet one of those sun jars. (curse you, doggy !!!)

marc's gift also seems very well-chosen.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
I've got a DIY for those around here somewhere.

Quote:
marc's gift also seems very well-chosen.
Was it the "For Ages 5 Years and up" that did it? Or is that in dog-years, VR?

Cheers,
Marc (aged 5 years and up)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:08 AM   #8
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Thanks VR! Now I know what to get my mother for christmas
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:39 AM   #9
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Verencat was relaxing in the luxurious surroundings of the Air Canada 767 executive first class cabin, returning from her latest mission for the Silliness Mission Force, the ultra-top-secret division of the fabled IMF. As ever, SMF had managed to keep the cabin almost completely empty for her, save for one item of very attractive eye candy that was apparently sleeping quietly. She stretched, very catlike and uttered a subconscious "hmmmm" in a very pleasant reverie, when the steward interrupted her.

"Excuse me, Mademoiselle Verencat, would you like a sandwich?"

"Uh, no, no thank you," replied the slightly startled Verencat

"Would you consider the sandwiches of the Mediterranean? Sun-blushed tomatoes, olives, pesto and brie, in a granary bagette perhaps?"

Her mind coming back to the present, Verencat looked at the offered sandwich, smiled and accepted it. Taking a bite of what was a truly wonderful sandwich, she waited.

And sure enough a few scant seconds later the incredible chemicals and nanomachines of the SMF Communications Division performed their work and placed into her mind a fully formed and incredibly realistic memory….

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find, acquire and deliver the ideal Christmas present for Agent Vivaldi Rules, " said the Director General of the Overt Christmas Operations over a picture of VivaldiRules surrounded by pink flowers. "Agent Rules has provided sterling service during the year," continued the DG , as the picture changed to one of him wearing goggles and a flying helment. "It has been decided that a present must be delivered commensurate with his skills, gifts and successful missions." The picture changed again to one of him leading a pack of chiwawas into battle. "The assistance provided to the likes of Agents Wallbanger, Vera and even dangerous Agent Pshyrnk and the mythical Agent Pinwheel, must be acknowledged. We fear that the Other Organisation is attempting to entrap him with its own gifts." The picture changed to one of a website selling bacon suitcases, automatic skritting and scratching machines, subscriptions to "The Daily Bacon", and assorted other bacon products. "You are free to select such members of SMF as you see fit. Naturally, should any member of your team be caught or kidnapped by the squirrels or their agents, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. "This sandwich will self destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Verencat."

And with that, the sandwich self-immolated.

<Cue Mission Impossible Theme Music.>
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I've got a DIY for those around here somewhere.
really ??? share please ?

Quote:
Was it the "For Ages 5 Years and up" that did it? Or is that in dog-years, VR?

Cheers,
Marc (aged 5 years and up)
that might have been part of it, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Good luck, Verencat."

And with that, the sandwich self-immolated.

<Cue Mission Impossible Theme Music.>
yes, good luck, verencat ! i hope you'll keep us apprised of your progress. i can't speak for Dangerous Agent Pshrynk but you've got the support and assistance of Mythical Agent Pinwheel (if you believe in her...). watch out for those self-immolating sandwiches, they can be a bit hard to digest. they always give me heartburn.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 AM   #11
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Me too!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Me too!
Link to Lifehacker DIY (which also has Instructables link) here:

http://lifehacker.com/5315357/create...ition/gallery/
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
cookies!

http://lifehacker.com/5313969/bake-c...your-dashboard
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:30 AM   #14
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Wait... What?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:06 PM   #15
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post

"Your mission, should you choose to accept it..."
The mission is accepted, but I require an entire squad of lounge llama, all ready to risk their lives for the cause. Those brave, hairy and silly things will be divided into two wings.

Wing number one will need to infiltrate Agent Rules's home and life, to gather clues on the best possible present, the one that would indicate all the gratitude felt by the Director General and the Silliness Mission Force combined. All the llamas of this wing will have to make abstraction of their own identities to accomplish complete empathy, risking to never come back as their own selves and to scratch behind their ears with their legs for the rest of their lives.

Wing number two will have to corrupt the Other Organization with false clues about Agent Rules's likes and dislikes, to confuse the enemy and disrupt their entire system. This mission will be though and delicate, and necessitates llamas with strategy, strength and will. That wing will face the toughest challenge: resisting all alluring bacon products and by-products, which is why I'm requesting every llama that will participate in this magistral effort to be vegetarian.

A few agents will be required to participate, but the mission's time-frame allows to ask for voluntary participants.

The suicide-mission consisting of diverting Agent Rules attention while Wing One gathers clues is as of now assigned to Agent Scot, who will have to keep writing stories with not a minute of rest for the next two months. Good luck, agent.

Quote:
yes, good luck, verencat ! i hope you'll keep us apprised of your progress. i can't speak for Dangerous Agent Pshrynk but you've got the support and assistance of Mythical Agent Pinwheel (if you believe in her...). watch out for those self-immolating sandwiches, they can be a bit hard to digest. they always give me heartburn.
I'm asking for more of the Mythical Agent Pinwheel then mere assistance. You, agent, will be the direct mission leader of Wing Two. Be prepared to receive directions imminently.

Quote:
Wait... What?
I'm assuming you accept the direction of Wing One with those oh so meaningful words. Be prepared to receive directions imminently.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote