Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #196
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
I ordered very soon after release (an hour or so) and my EDD was and is Oct 11 for the PW and Oct 31 for the cover.

I figured... KCCO - why the heck should I care... frankly, one week here or there... bah.
Maybe I am just getting old.
That is my situation EXACTLY. I'm getting the tan cover. My 32 Gb Fire HD is scheduled for Oct 25 and all the 16 Gb orders were filled on Sep 15 supposedly according to forum posts here.

Everyone should just relax and enjoy their new toys. Delivery dates are really not that important considering this is a pre-order on a new product.

I bet some of these posts where the delivery has already happened are just dreams as well. Plus, every week's delay may indicate a new factory run with improvements over the prior week's run if bugs in the hardware had been picked up.

In fact, if major defects were picked up on the first run, there may even be longer delays until the factories fix the problems.

As I remember, my Kindle Kbd WiFi 3rd Gen arrived super fast and had to be returned in a short time since the cover then was shorting it out. Those, who got much later deliveries, avoided that serious bug in the first factory run. Amazon made good, of course, but it did not relieve the annoyance for the first 3 months.

I ordered that one on 7/30/2010, received it on 8/27/2010, and received my replacement on 9/8/2010. The hooked cover, which was the source of the problem, was sent back for a full refund on 12/15/2010. Those, who ordered after 12/15/2010, had no problems.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-01-2012 at 05:24 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #197
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelysarcasm View Post
That happens with amazon sometimes, I've never had a package not arrive on the estimated date. The shipping tracking just lags a bit sometimes. I'm betting it will update soon.
It did update now. I'm also seeing the revised delivery date to one day early, which is weird but does line up with the always-promised date on the Your Orders page.

It'll get here when it gets here, but I do most of my reading after my husband is asleep in bed, so I really am looking forward to having this one!
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #198
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
My cover just shipped via USPS (shame that it'll apparently be empty). Tracking info says that it should arrive Wed. It originally had an estimated arrival of the 12th - 15th. I used SuperSaver shipping.

The Kindle itself stills says "Not yet shipped". Such is life.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:28 PM   #199
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
[I can never find the delete post link when I get a double post]
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #200
timelysarcasm
Warrior Princess
timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.timelysarcasm shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 4
Weird, I ordered mine pretty late in comparison, but both my PW SO and cover say "Shipping Soon." I got charged for both at some point last night/this morning. In my experience, things usually ship within a day after that message.

Is that not the case for these? If not, I'll be a tiny bit annoyed they charged me early.

Last edited by timelysarcasm; 10-01-2012 at 07:21 PM.
timelysarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #201
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Mine is shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I got a bunch of foreign language dictionaries added to my account, I didn't know the paperwhite would support all these!
プログレッシブ英和中辞典

Dictionnaire français de définitions

Dicionário Priberam da Língua Portuguesa

大辞泉

lo Zingarelli Vocabolario della Lingua Italiana

The New Oxford American Dictionary

Duden Deutsches Universalwörterbuch

Oxford Dictionary of English

新华词典 (Chinese Edition)

Real Academia Española el Diccionario de la lengua española

现代英汉词典

Last edited by booklover6; 10-01-2012 at 07:48 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:46 PM   #202
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
darn double post
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #203
David58117
Groupie
David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David58117 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, K4NT (To Wife), Nook ST, NSTG
Hm, it's almost 7pm local time here, and mine still says "shipping soon" (with expected delivery still on the 2nd). Purchased at 1:04 pm on the 6th. Its the SO version..

I purchased the cover separately on the 7th, which also says "shipping soon" and should be here no sooner than the 4th.

I don't have a serial assigned yet, but was charged already.

Guess ill see tonight what happens..

Last edited by David58117; 10-01-2012 at 08:25 PM.
David58117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #204
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
There must be something to the SO versus nonSO distinction. I ordered my cover and non-SO KPW on the 6th. My cover shipped but not my KPW. :-(
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #205
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by David58117 View Post
Hm, it's almost 7pm local time here, and mine still says "shipping soon" (with expected delivery still on the 2nd). Purchased at 1:04 pm on the 6th. Its the SO version..

I purchased the cover separately on the 7th, which also says "shipping soon" and should be here no sooner than the 4th.

I don't have a serial assigned yet, but was charged already.

Guess ill see tonight what happens..
Same here exactly.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #206
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
My Kindle PW is now in Mesquite, TX ... ready for delivery tomorrow afternoon , ;-)
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #207
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
My Kindle PW is now in Mesquite, TX ... ready for delivery tomorrow afternoon , ;-)
Its probably belly up to the UPS Mesquite bar with mine slugging down a few.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #208
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Just got the "Shipped" update. Also see that my serial number has been populated with foreign dictionaries loaded in my library. I should get my hands on the Paperwhite and case tomorrow!
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:27 PM   #209
jswinden
Nameless Being

Soon to be retired:

Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #210
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Soon to be retired:

I've been using that same one for years.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote