Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #61
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
and have you used step by step instructions from rc2 zip?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:33 AM   #62
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle View Post
I did use the gapps.zip.
my serial is:RF30042100A59
and my long list:
Ok, in your PE you will find a file /system/serial_number with the number RF300421000A59 in it (your serial number plus an extra zero in the middle).

Change it to FF300421020A59 (you will need root access). I don't have the time now to write full instructions, but you should be able to use any file explorer with root access to change that.

Once you change it, reboot (just in case), try to add your Google Account using the option in the settings menu (don't do it via YouTube) and try the Market. Then, please, report to me what happened!

Good luck!
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 03:37 PM   #63
iubmadiwtu
iubmadiwtu began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage Pocket eDGe
My Serial number is RF3004210001B9 and the market was not working either.

Used the adb logcat and found

Quote:
E/CheckinTask( 6386): java.io.IOException: Rejected response from server: HTTP/1.1 400 invalid hardware identifier: "RF3004210001B9" is not a valid IMEI (expect 15 decimal digits)
I did as you suggested I edited the file /system/serial_number to FF3004210001B9 rebooted the PE. I used androotfile from the amazon market change the perms on the folder so that I could edit the file in es file explorer.

I had all ready used logged in to youtube and had the data synced. I tried the marked and it just worked.

Thank you for your great work on this pablob.
iubmadiwtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #64
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by iubmadiwtu View Post

I did as you suggested I edited the file /system/serial_number to FF3004210001B9 rebooted the PE. I used androotfile from the amazon market change the perms on the folder so that I could edit the file in es file explorer.
Yes! The hunch was correct!
For some reason Google accepts hex digits as valid, I hope they won't change that in the future or things will get more complicated. Now all I need is to get a nice way of automating the serial number fix to get a "release" version of the Golden Allmine ROM.

By the way, if you change the serial number, you might have problems with the library. Check the original Allmine thread for the solution for that.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #65
pablob
Connoisseur

For those of you who still had problems with the Market, please check the new version in the first post (rc3). If this works, I think it can be the final one...
Old 12-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #66
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

cool/. any other fixes in RC3?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:58 PM   #67
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
cool/. any other fixes in RC3?
Nope, just this one which should (hopefully) enable the Market in all PEs.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #68
vicinc
Guru

any luck for unnecessary entourage apps removed?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #69
stevesr0
Connoisseur
stevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheesestevesr0 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Pablob,

For those of us who haven't tried rc2 yet, which version do you recommend?

Steve
stevesr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #70
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesr0 View Post
For those of us who haven't tried rc2 yet, which version do you recommend?
Try rc3, that should make the Market work in all (crossing fingers!) PEs. That's the only difference with rc2, with that version the Market does not work in all PEs.

vicinc, that's on the line, but it will take a bit of time. Too many things on my plate right now!
Old 12-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #71
vicinc
Guru

thanks
Old 12-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #72
vicinc
Guru

My PE is working fine.
I tried today to adjust the brightness and seems that the unit is stucked on max.
anybody else has issues with this? I never tried it since installing but I need to identify if it is from this rom or is a byproduct of something I installed, so I will wipe off and install one by one to find the culprit.
thanks
Old 12-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #73
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
So what you're saying is if I already have RC2 and market is working fine then there is no need to install RC3?
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #74
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
My PE is working fine.
I tried today to adjust the brightness and seems that the unit is stucked on max.
anybody else has issues with this? I never tried it since installing but I need to identify if it is from this rom or is a byproduct of something I installed, so I will wipe off and install one by one to find the culprit.
thanks
Not me, I usually use the "power control" widget to change it and it seems to be working (I am using rc2).
Old 12-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #75
pablob
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTec View Post
So what you're saying is if I already have RC2 and market is working fine then there is no need to install RC3?
Yes, RC3 will help if the market was not working after installing RC2. So in your case (RC2 with Market working) there is no need to upgrade.