Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 11:03 AM   #16
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
If it's rarely used, then why include it? Back when my Kindle was my main ebook reader, I used the keyboard all the time.
My assumption was that you only use it for the occasional note-taking or searching. I presume those would be infrequent. But not including a keyboard would mean not having those functions at all. It makes sense to me to stick it in the corner or at the bottom, then, and not worry about how comfortable it is to use.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #17
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Their manual says most people will put the Kindle DX on a flat surface when using the keyboard, so it looks like they also realized the Kindle would topple out of your hands if you used like the keyboard on the Kindle 1 and 2.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2009, 12:33 PM   #18
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Well, don't feel bad, Nate. After all, the Kindle has never been known for its superior ergonomics (and at this rate, it never will)...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Well, don't feel bad, Nate. After all, the Kindle has never been known for its superior ergonomics (and at this rate, it never will)...
You must admit, that this one does look better than the Kindle2... Though, I still think that keyboard is too small to use comfortably...

Add bluetooth and let people connect a bluetooth keyboard, problem solved!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #20
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
You must admit, that this one does look better than the Kindle2... Though, I still think that keyboard is too small to use comfortably...

That's what I was thinking, yes.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #21
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I agree. They should have an on-screen keyboard for typing the occasional search term and allow folks to have a bluetooth keyboard for when they know they'll be typing a good deal more. They could even make a little dock keyboard thingie that would hold it at a good reading angle more laptop-like. If you had a very flat, thin keyboard, you could even build that into a cover. Might be too much to do for a device that won't have a huge market but it's interesting to think about.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:10 PM   #22
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I agree. They should have an on-screen keyboard for typing the occasional search term and allow folks to have a bluetooth keyboard for when they know they'll be typing a good deal more. They could even make a little dock keyboard thingie that would hold it at a good reading angle more laptop-like. If you had a very flat, thin keyboard, you could even build that into a cover. Might be too much to do for a device that won't have a huge market but it's interesting to think about.
Hmm. Especially with the K3's autorotate feature; you would just need a way to stop the cover before it opens all the way... Of course, the keyboard would make it thicker and heavier, which might negate some of the advantage of the K3 being light and thin.

I would *definitely* get a cover for it, though; I'd be very worried about something damaging that big screen. So that would make it a bit thicker anyway...
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote