Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 06:12 AM   #1
Maxx900
Maxx900 began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry
Calibre Interface on large monitors

I have installed Calibre at home and at work.
In both places I use 2 monitors - one 27" and one 19".
What I have observed regarding Calibre.
If I try to work with Calibre on my larger monitor in a maximized or large window, the buttons of the interface don't react: Clicking on any symbol (like Metadata, Preferences, etc.) leads to nothing - nothing happens.

By moving Calibre on the smaller monitor - the interface is working. Here (even with a maximized window) everything is OK. Clicking on a button will open the corresponding dialog or window. But as soon as I move the Calibre window back to the larger monitor and maximize it (or just enlarge it) - this will result in a "broken" not reacting interface.

Any ideas/help?
Maxx900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:25 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See the first point here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....ck-on-anything
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't use a dual-monitor setup, but I can assure you that the interface works as expected on a 47" TV.

I like seeing every, single available column without side-scrolling.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Maxx,

I got this issue a while back and it was because I use a Wacom mouse & tablet. If you changed from mouse mode to pen mode, then it would work. It's apparently due to a bug in QT, but Wacom have now fixed this issue by implementing a workaround for QT with their latest drivers.
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
Maxx900

That's it.
I use also (at home and at work) a Wacom Mouse.
By using the pen it works - thank you.
Advert
Old 09-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Glad to hear you got it working in pen mode.

If you download the latest Wacom drivers it should start working in mouse mode. At least it works with my Wacom Intuos 2 tablet, so I assume they have put the fix in all their drivers.
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
Maxx900

Unfortunately Wacom has not.
At work I have an Intuos 3 - there it is now working (in mouse mode) with the newest driver.
At home I have the Intuos 4 - with the new driver it is even worse. Thus I have to use the pen mode as explained by you.
THX again!