Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #1
veeraganesh
Enthusiast
veeraganesh began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s
Finally bought one

I made a big decision and I did buy iliad.

What I like: Native PDF support (I bought PRS-505 and unbale to read any tech books or journals, did try some tools, but not happy).

Zoom and Pan: This are my best friends.

Open Format: lot of 3rd party tools.

What I didn't Like: Build quality (It doesn't look like a 445£ device, very poor build quality).

Battery Life: I havn't checked yet, but looks like it gives very less battery backup.

over all if you are looking for a reader for tech stuff and you got money get it.

It is worth 445£ if you use it properly.
veeraganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I have one too. Great device ...

Last edited by joblack; 04-18-2008 at 09:22 PM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #3
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Congrats Ganesh, it is a good device. I don't know if I agree with you re build quality. I find it extremely well finished (compared to say the finish quality of Dell laptops).
Rubberised surface feels great and the whole device feels rugged and sturdy.
There again, that's a matter of taste ...
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:35 PM   #4
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
It feels pretty sturdy to me, and has exactly the same finish as my IBM Thinkpad, which is considerably less well-built. Certainly it doesn't look flashy, but that does mean you're less likely to get mugged when reading it on the bus! Only a gadget connoisseur would know it was worth nicking...
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #5
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
IMHO the finish feels very well. In my eye only cheap devices have this clogge plastic feeling. and mine still got a glimpse of this fresh from factory smell... hope it holds on a while
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Interestingly the iLiad is the only mobiledevice I would really care if it is stolen.

I don´t care about my mobile phone or the oder devices. Lost one - get another one
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:47 AM   #7
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carandol View Post
It feels pretty sturdy to me, and has exactly the same finish as my IBM Thinkpad, which is considerably less well-built. Certainly it doesn't look flashy, but that does mean you're less likely to get mugged when reading it on the bus! Only a gadget connoisseur would know it was worth nicking...
Kudos to you if you can read on the bus while under constant threat of being mugged .
I got mine in the leather case. Well worth the money. It really looks like an oversized filofax diary!
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:01 AM   #8
carandol
Evangelist
carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carandol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Kudos to you if you can read on the bus while under constant threat of being mugged .
I got mine in the leather case. Well worth the money. It really looks like an oversized filofax diary!
I've got mine hidden in the book jacket of "Killing Muggers with Your Bare Hands for Dummies". Works a treat!
carandol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:06 AM   #9
blunty
Enthusiast
blunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-booksblunty has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone5, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Vox
Just bought the Book Edition (£50 cheaper) and available easily in UK. This does feel quite cheap, silver plastic, no rubberised surface here. Still quite enjoying it though, nice and clear screen etc. I need to get a case though.
I already have a wish list for improvements that will be going onto the Irex forum as well, although by the age of a lot of their posts it will be a bit wasteful.
blunty is offline   Reply With Quote