Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
M92 - fw 1.7b - not working next/prev page for pdf

I have to report, that the problems with reading pdf introduced in 1.7a firmware are not by far solved in 1.7b!

If reading pdf in single page mode (not continuous pages mode) and not viewing either the whole page or hide margin mode it is not possible to get to another page (using joystick or Page buttons)!!!

In 1.6 fw it worked OK.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
thorgal
thorgal began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3, Onyx M92
I confirm it.
thorgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #3
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
So am I !

Actually thre are lots of bugs and I have to admit that for the regular user with no advanced IT knowledge using this ereader is a challenge
I am collecting my impressions and I will dump them here soon
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #4
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
SO , its better to stick with old version 1.6 for now ?
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

It depends what features you use. I will probably not roll back to 1.6.
Advert
Old 02-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
kamizase
Connoisseur
kamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litterkamizase doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Actually thre are lots of bugs and I have to admit that for the regular user with no advanced IT knowledge using this ereader is a challenge.
The regular user with no advanced IT knowledge won't install beta firmware, will he?

Last edited by kamizase; 02-23-2012 at 01:42 PM.
kamizase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamizase View Post
The regular user with no advanced IT knowledge won't install beta firmware, will he?
The regular user might have no idea about a the difference between beta and final so out of curiosity HE WILL !
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:27 AM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi guys,

I just published another update 20120224. The page turning issue when changed to single page mode after zoom was fixed.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #9
Mono
Mono

So far, it looks it works well.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:39 AM   #10
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask these questions:

How good is note-taking on the M92, are you able to take notes quickly and is the device able to keep up?

When you stop scribbling does it try to save what you've written automatically or you can do that manually after you've finished?
por is offline   Reply With Quote