Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
largo
largo began at the beginning.

Device: none
netbooks vs ebook reader ??

hey

sorry if title will not reflect my question.

only now i'm thinking to buy ebook reader, but the thing is for the cost
of the product i can buy pretty good netbook like asus 1005HA that have many
advantage over ebook reader.

my question is there any diffrence why it's better for me to buy ebook reader and not netbook like much more Convenience, better for the eyes ... and so on..
largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #2
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Personally I have both, I bought a netbook on sale for $329 but already had my e-reader. Best of both worlds I guess
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by largo View Post
hey

sorry if title will not reflect my question.

only now i'm thinking to buy ebook reader, but the thing is for the cost
of the product i can buy pretty good netbook like asus 1005HA that have many
advantage over ebook reader.

my question is there any diffrence why it's better for me to buy ebook reader and not netbook like much more Convenience, better for the eyes ... and so on..
As a netbook owner, I wouldn't try and read many books in my eeePC. But right now, a netbook or a PDA is helluva lot more convenient for reading research or scientific articles and RSS feeds. An ebook reader is, right now, a dedicated device. You'll read primarily blocks of text in it, and therefore you get the advantage of a screen which is undebatably strainless for the eyes. If reading text is something that doesn't consume much of your time, get a netbook.

Last edited by Logseman; 04-26-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote