Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
bmoc
Edge User

A long overdue update

All,

With the holidays and then the Consumer Electronics show, we really got crunched on the marketing side. But, we are still here and still working hard to make the products better.

What I can tell you is that things are well underway with Android 2.2 and that I have our Ermine release (yes, the next furry beast) on both my pocket edge and entourage edge. Being a user of the software for a number of weeks (We showed it at CES), it has improved performance and it has some new features. I like the support for exchange services (Contact, Calendar and eMail) without a third party application. Also like the additional Flashlite 4.1 support and some of the enhancements we’ve made to the browser.

What I can also tell you, is it is not ready for prime time as we are still awaiting new code from one partner. Once we get that in and test everything thoroughly, then we will release it. While I am hoping for the end of February, I believe it will be ready the middle of March and none is more disappointed in that than I am.

Thanks for your support and patience.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
StevenP
Edge User

Thanks for the update. It's very dissappointing but at least we got an update.

Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
I have our Ermine release (yes, the next furry beast)
Hey! I believe I suggested that name! Shouldn't I get a prize or something?

Old 02-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
pat.indie
Edge User

Thumbs up

Thanks for the update.

Now everybody should take a deep breath and get on with their (other) life. Personally, the delay does not bother me. However, this status update was certainly needed.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
StevenP
Edge User

I would rather an update with a little bad news than none at all, so this is very much appreciated.

Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
Hopi
Edge User

So does this mean Boris and Dr. T are coming back earlier from their self-imposed hiatus? Or, this does not make up for the silence on Dingo 1.13?

Old 02-03-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
fgruber
Edge User

Thanks for the update.

I have some questions:
- At some point there were talks about volunteers for beta testing. What ever happen to this idea?
- Any news about the SDK for developers wanting to use the eink
- Is flash lite 4.1 compatible with flash 10?
- will that exchange feature compatible with Google services or will we have access to Google sync?

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoc View Post
All,

With the holidays and then the Consumer Electronics show, we really got crunched on the marketing side. But, we are still here and still working hard to make the products better.

What I can tell you is that things are well underway with Android 2.2 and that I have our Ermine release (yes, the next furry beast) on both my pocket edge and entourage edge. Being a user of the software for a number of weeks (We showed it at CES), it has improved performance and it has some new features. I like the support for exchange services (Contact, Calendar and eMail) without a third party application. Also like the additional Flashlite 4.1 support and some of the enhancements we’ve made to the browser.

What I can also tell you, is it is not ready for prime time as we are still awaiting new code from one partner. Once we get that in and test everything thoroughly, then we will release it. While I am hoping for the end of February, I believe it will be ready the middle of March and none is more disappointed in that than I am.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
StevenP
Edge User

Here's a comparison video on Flash Lite 4 versus Flash 10.1 Beta:
http://dailymobile.se/2010/05/23/fla...n-android-2-2/

Old 02-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
sarah11918
Edge User

What pat.indie said.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:42 AM   #10
Fred
Edge User

BMOC

Thanks for the update, a little late but nevertheless I'm looking forward to this release
Will the scheduled release also include a first (long awaited) release of a SDK ?
Do you have a feature/bug list of what we can expect in the upcoming release ?
Do you have a list of changes in Dingo 1.13 which was rolled out last week ?

I know, quite some questions but any bit of information is helpfull.

Thanks

Old 02-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #11
jmss70
Edge User

Thanks

Thanks for the update. I was really afraid about be freeze, as another company did with its devices. I can wait for a time, but if I know what I'm waiting for

And, by the way, SDK?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #12
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoc View Post
All,

A bit of clarification please......is the Ermine release 2.2?? Or, since it includes flashlite 4 instead of flash 10, is Ermine actually 2.1??

Old 02-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #13
JobooNeedsARefill
Edge User

Thanks for the update

Great to hear about the forthcoming update and appreicate the hard work you all are putting into this product

Old 02-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #14
myst
Edge User

This is unfortunate.... But it's good to know.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #15
StevenP
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturingSoul View Post
A bit of clarification please......is the Ermine release 2.2?? Or, since it includes flashlite 4 instead of flash 10, is Ermine actually 2.1??
A device has to be certified by Adobe in order to be able to have Flash 10. Flash 10 support is not automatic.