Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #1
W. Hunger
W. Hunger began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96 plus (dead), Note 2
Activation of Adobe ID works only temporarily on M96 plus

Recently, I started to use DRM support with my Boox M96 plus. The firmware i am using is 1.7.5rc1_9fe2ee1, and as i just started to use DRM-protected documents ten days ago, i don't know if it would have worked reliably with previous firmware versions.

The problem I am seeing is this: After activating my Adobe ID on the device using "Einstellungen/Erweitert/DRM Einstellungen" (probably s.th. like "Settings/Advanced/DRM settings" in English), I can use Neo Reader to open acsm files, and it downloads and decrypts epub and pdf documents just fine. BUT: The activation of the Adobe ID only sticks for some time, probably only one day or a few hours. After this period, the settings dialog does not show "deactivate", but "activate" again. It is still possible, though, to read downloaded protected documents in this state. But downloading a new DRM-protected book using its acsm file leads to Neo Reader asking

"DRM-Konto ist leer. Wollen Sie einloggen?"

I can do this, using the DRM settings dialog, and things work again. But doing so seems to create a new activation record for a new device with Adobe, so that you quickly run out of activations and have to ask Adobe support to reset the list of activations. I had to do this once now.

My question is: How is this supposed to work? I would guess that the activation should just "stick", forever, until deactivation is performed. Is this a problem of 1.7.5rc1, or some problem with my specific configuration? And how to work around this? I'm not very keen on using an additional Reader Software - I tried Bluefire Reader, but it was much slower than Neo Reader.
W. Hunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #2
W. Hunger
W. Hunger began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96 plus (dead), Note 2
Hmm - noone using DRM? Or no problems for anyone but me?
W. Hunger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2016, 10:35 AM   #3
emanueol
Enthusiast
emanueol doesn't litteremanueol doesn't litter

Device: Huawei Mediapad M5 8" and 10", Boox Onyx Max, Amazon Fire 8HD
Hi, just to share im now having same problem with my new Boox Onyx Max.

I kept need to Activate my adobeid, which eventually got me error "TOO MANY ACTIVATIONS", which i suspect adobe complaining with multiple activations.. even if all done in same device
emanueol is offline   Reply With Quote