Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-10-2014, 05:33 AM   #1
unabatedshagie
Enthusiast
unabatedshagie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Rating column?

I'd like to add a rating column to Calibre, I'd assumed this would easy but adding a new column and using the quick create rating option seems to add a new rating that is separate from the rating stored in the books metadata.

What would I need to add in the lookup name field so that Calibre will display the rating from the books metadata?
unabatedshagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:43 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Why add a new column for this? The standard rating column displays this information.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2014, 05:48 AM   #3
unabatedshagie
Enthusiast
unabatedshagie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Why add a new column for this? The standard rating column displays this information.
You remember when I said I assumed this would be easy? Turns out it's so easy I overlooked the default columns.

If you don't mind I'll slink away quietly and pretend I never made this thread.
unabatedshagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 06:11 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unabatedshagie View Post
You remember when I said I assumed this would be easy? Turns out it's so easy I overlooked the default columns.

If you don't mind I'll slink away quietly and pretend I never made this thread.

There was me thinking there must be some subtle need that I was missing
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote