Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Bonjour l'acadie

Hello, (silent H)

I have a PRS-505 and enjoy Military Sci-fi.

I just got an urgent message from a friend to join this forum and complete a poll.
Can someone direct me to it.

While I'm here, I'll take a look around and see what you have to offer.

I got my PRS-505 for Christmas, and so far am just satisfied with the Sony Classics and buying from the eBook Store. I have so many books to read already, and many in my wish list that are only available in the US.

Nice to meet you all.

Last edited by kenmark; 01-30-2009 at 04:21 PM.
kenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
pfff !!! i am sure your friend was talking about this poll. who is your friend ? if it is ravenne, you had better vote for germany, even though i see you are in vancouver. or, since you are starting your very first post ever in french, you could vote for france... we only need TWO more votes to tie with england and canada !

(of course, since you are in vancouver, maybe you don't want us to tie with canada... )

it might be cheating to recruit members expressly to get more votes for your country, but now you are here you will probably get addicted and be trapped like the rest of us.

welcome to the madhouse, by the way.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Bonjour kenmark and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 a year ago and like it a lot.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
kenmark
Addict
kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kenmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Bonjour kenmark and welcome to the Forum. I got a 505 a year ago and like it a lot.
I was given a silver one, which is nice, but now I see that there are red ones and blue ones. Can't look a gift horse....

Thanks for the welcome, and zeldapinwheel too.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
it might be cheating to recruit members expressly to get more votes for your country, but now you are here you will probably get addicted and be trapped like the rest of us.
Is not a race. It is to see where people are from.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:28 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

BOb
tell that to the guys selling their votes on the corner over there.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Selling their votes? That's terrible!

Mind you, my ancestors were from Ireland (Donegal) and, for a few bottles of Guinness, I could be tempted to change me vote...
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #8
kenmark
Addict

Quote:

BOb
I am originally from New Brunswick, hence the Acadian heritage. My ancestors stayed behind and didn't get shipped out to the US.

Currently, I live in Vancouver, where the weather is so much warmer, but there is a lot of rain.

Hello BOb
Old 01-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Bonjour Kenmark!

Military scifi sounds right up my alley..
of course I cannot think of any at the moment.. lol
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmark View Post

Hello BOb
Hello and Welcome.

A word of advice. Stay away from Marc!

BOb
Old 01-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #11
kenmark
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
Bonjour Kenmark!

Military scifi sounds right up my alley..
of course I cannot think of any at the moment.. lol
Bonjour AbFabGab, likes are Weber/Drake/Ringo and for some reason Cussler (which I know isn't sci-fi)
Quote:
Hello and Welcome.

A word of advice. Stay away from Marc!

BOb
Marc who? (sounds like a nice French name)

I'm a telephone PBX technician, hence the phone Avatar. Until I can think of a better one.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Marc who? (sounds like a nice French name)
montsnmags

Just remember, you have been warned.

Quote:
I'm a telephone PBX technician, hence the phone Avatar. Until I can think of a better one.
Cool, now I know who to ask all my PBX questions too. I quite like your avatar. Nice one.

BOb
Old 01-30-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
kenmark
Addict

Quote:
montsnmags

Just remember, you have been warned.

Cool, now I know who to ask all my PBX questions too. I quite like your avatar. Nice one.

BOb
Thanks for the warning, but knowing me, I'll find out the hard way.

I had a choice between a phone and a fiddle for my avatar, but I couldn't find a quick pic of a nice fiddle..

BTW all French speakers, my French is very rusty. I've been on the west coast for 20 years and the only time I use it is my mandatory once in 5 year visit to my mom and conversations on the phone. (seems like every 5 word now I say in english when talking to my mom in French).

Don't ask me to respond in writing, that even worse.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:43 PM   #14
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Welcome Kenmark. Lots to browse in MR. Check out the sci-fi books that are in formats that the Sony eBook Reader uses.

If you haven't already, vote in a little poll we have going. There is a link in my signature below.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Hello, (silent H)

I have a PRS-505 and enjoy Military Sci-fi.

I just got an urgent message from a friend to join this forum and complete a poll.
Can someone direct me to it.

While I'm here, I'll take a look around and see what you have to offer.

I got my PRS-505 for Christmas, and so far am just satisfied with the Sony Classics and buying from the eBook Store. I have so many books to read already, and many in my wish list that are only available in the US.

Nice to meet you all.
Welcome to mobileread, kenmark. If you still haven't voted, here is the link......remember, we are counting on your honesty, to vote where you are posting from!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37241
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote