Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Katie31
Katie31 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 900
User Id for Ereader and Adobe don't match

I just purchased a Sony PRS 900 yesterday. I have registered for the eReader Library with my email. I received two emails back confirming first the eReader account and also an email for Adobe. The Adobe email confirmed my user ID for both the eReader and Adobe as the same. AND I used the same password for both.

However, I cannot sign into the store. I am getting a response that I am not using an Adobe user ID that matches the one on the eReader account.

What gives? I am reading to return it and give up.
Katie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
AGB
Headbutting stupidity
AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650
New to all this ebook-stuff I had the same problem. I gave up and removed the Sony Reader and use Adobe DE and Calibre in unison instead.
AGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I dont use the Sony reader software. I'd heard too many bad things about it and the calibre seemed to be easy to use.

I think what I did was download Digital editions and then it asked me set up an account and then when I connected my Sony 300 to the computer it asked me to authorise the device so I clicked to authorise it. Since then I've had no problems. When I buy books I download them to digital editions and then connect my reader and than drag and drop the books to transfer to my device.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
TonyB
TonyB began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
I have been using my PRS 505 since last December. I diligently loaded Adobe Digital Rights software, loaded Sony Reader (pre 3.2 so it was 3 or 3.1) and duly authorised both computer and reader. So far so good.

I bought some ebooks. Waterstones and WH Smith (UK). so far so good.
I found Sony software....lacking in several areas so started to use Calbre.

Started to use my local (Hampshire) library's excellent ebook loans service.

Still going well folks!

And then...? Computer went pop, bought an all singing etc quad core with more storage than NORAD

Reloaded eveything and cant access my purchased ebooks, cant get at my eloans and cant make any more eloans.

Adobe help? Silence

Sony help? Eventually but only had a temporary respite - I managed to make a couple of eloans but that has now stalled

Lots of help from my local library but they have been stumped by the technology. There seems to be some back office messing about between Sony and Adobe that just screws everything up.

Where am I now? Looking at a screen of Reader software on a quad core computer that is taking hours to load/read/ do whatever. It isn't telling me what it is doing and whatever it is it is winning the watching paint dry competition.

And my screen wont load in sunshine!
TonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
jashsu
Connoisseur
jashsu doesn't litterjashsu doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB View Post
Reloaded eveything and cant access my purchased ebooks, cant get at my eloans and cant make any more eloans.
Did you authorize your new computer with your Adobe ID? And were all the epubs you tried importing downloaded AFTER you had authorized your old computer with Adobe ID?
jashsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 03:39 AM   #6
pasinoz
pasinoz began at the beginning.

Device: sony ereader
Hi

I've had exactly the same problem. My laptop died and I had to buy a new hard disk. I reinstalled everything and thought it was fine.

I then bought a book - but I can't get to read it!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Susan
pasinoz is offline   Reply With Quote