Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-19-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
lustyd
Enthusiast
lustyd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350, PRS-650
Browsing and views

Hi all, I'm not requesting this as a feature just wondering if anyone else has any interest. In the library view of Calibre all books are currently shown as a list. With larger numbers of books the list becomes quite unwieldy to browse through. I realise that with the search function this list can be made smaller, but I think (personally) that it would be nice if it were possible to collapse groups in a similar way to the function in Outlook and Windows Explorer.
For those not familiar with this function when sorting by author, for example, the whole list would just be authors until the individual author chosen gets expanded. This would make it much easier to browse rather than find something. iTunes has a similar function and I'm sure other examples could be found.
I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts, it's relatively easy to add this function as a view option but no point requesting the feature is it's covered elsewhere or just me that wants it.
Cheers
Dave
lustyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Click on the luggage tag looking icon on the bottom right of Calibre. That will open up a window on the left side. That should be what you are talking about
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
lustyd
Enthusiast
lustyd began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcuadro View Post
Click on the luggage tag looking icon on the bottom right of Calibre. That will open up a window on the left side. That should be what you are talking about
Perfect, thank you so much!
lustyd is offline   Reply With Quote