Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-06-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
How to exclude a forum from new posts list on frontpage?

I know there's supposed to be some settings somewhere, where I can define things like this. At least I suppose so. But I can't find it anywhere under user settings?

Bonus question: is it possible to set it so that the list with new posts come at the top of the page? The front page is very long and annoying to scroll down everytime I want to check new posts.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:22 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
I know there's supposed to be some settings somewhere, where I can define things like this. At least I suppose so. But I can't find it anywhere under user settings?

Bonus question: is it possible to set it so that the list with new posts come at the top of the page? The front page is very long and annoying to scroll down everytime I want to check new posts.
From the User CP/Edit Options/Miscellaneous Options/Forum exclusions:

*note* - Hold Ctrl to exclude more than one forum.

Forum Exclusions works for "Latest Forum Activity" on frontpage and "New Posts" list from drop down menu at top of any page.

As to bonus question: I always pick the "New Posts" drop down menu in blue bar at the top of any page, then select "All new posts".

WDE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumExclusion.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	31733  

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 07-06-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2009, 09:08 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
From the User CP/Edit Options/Miscellaneous Options/Forum exclusions:

*note* - Hold Ctrl to exclude more than one forum.

Forum Exclusions works for "Latest Forum Activity" on frontpage and "New Posts" list from drop down menu at top of any page.
It must have been a question of not seeing the woods for the trees

Quote:
As to bonus question: I always pick the "New Posts" drop down menu in blue bar at the top of any page, then select "All new posts".

WDE.
Thank you. I would never have noticed that on my own.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
You're very welcome.

BTW fantastic Holiday photos 2009!

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #5
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
BTW fantastic Holiday photos 2009!
WDE.
Thank you I only started taking photos quite recently, but it's so much fun and I really enjoy it. Of course, having such great "models" as The Faeroes and Iceland was helpful.
Iceland is highly recommended as a tourist destination - and at the moment it's even quite cheap because of the very favourable conversion rate.
Advert