Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-13-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
O'Reilly "Best of TOC" free e-book

"Best of TOC" is a collection of writings on publishing from around the Web, including recent TOC speakers like Bob Stein, Kate Eltham, Kassia Krozser, and Peter Brantley.

Download for free: link (requires free membership)

[via TeleRead]
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The offer TOC in 3 flavors -- ePub, Mobi, and PDF. You can download any or all of the formats once you complete the order.

DRM is not used in any of the formats. I have read a bit of the book so far and it is quite good. Well worth the effort.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 08:23 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
brilliant, thanks !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I was a mite disappointed that they force you to register with them before getting the book... I almost blew it off, twice. Now I'm another cipher on one more list. Joy.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #5
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
File no longer available!

I get a 404:

"We're sorry, the URL, http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596802110.EBOOK is either incorrect or no longer available. Please use our search or the navigation above to find what you're looking for. "

anyone has the link (to a copy)?

Edit:Sorry was a little impatient!It took 5 minutes to be ready for download(for those with as little patience as me)

Last edited by ProDigit; 02-14-2009 at 12:37 AM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2009, 06:50 AM   #6
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
If you're bothered by free registration, you can always have a look at BugMeNot :
http://www.bugmenot.com/view/oreilly.com

This is not about backdoors to paying sites, this is about accounts for sites requiring free registration.

I just tried it, and I'm waiting to download the book right now, with the same delay as ProDigit.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:33 AM   #7
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm wondering,
Oreilly says buy 2 get the 3th free.
What would happen if we order 2 of these books,would we get a third for free?
If so, ordering 200 of these books could give us 100 free ebooks!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:49 AM   #8
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Usually, in these situations, you get the cheapest one free ...
Old 02-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
I just tried it, and I'm waiting to download the book right now, with the same delay as ProDigit.
I had no problems at all downloading the book in ePub and Mobi formats (I was already registered at O'Reilly).
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:23 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I'm wondering,
Oreilly says buy 2 get the 3th free.
What would happen if we order 2 of these books,would we get a third for free?
If so, ordering 200 of these books could give us 100 free ebooks!
I believe that 1/3rd of the 200 books you ordered would be free.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
I had no problems at all downloading the book in ePub and Mobi formats (I was already registered at O'Reilly).
Yeah, I just had to search for a while as I didn't know where to get it from their site.
Then I when to the email and got the link there.
It was in "electronic media", but I hadn't seen it previously ....
Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #12
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
O'Reilly has posted links to all the Articles/Posts from Best of TOC eBook. So if you want to read them on-line, or make comments, or avoid the sign in for the ebook, you can.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #13
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I believe that 1/3rd of the 200 books you ordered would be free.
Darn.. My math never was the best...

Well, let's order 300 then!