Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
-Peter-
-Peter- began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad V2 Book edition, Loox N560
Question Problems dictionaries MobiPocket

Hi,

This is my first post so hello to all of you!

I installed for Mobipocket both the Webster 1913 and GCIDE dictionaries and they are working without a problem. I can read a mobi book and look up words as I go. This is great and so I wanted to do so also in French books.

So I downloaded "Le dictionnaire de l'academie française" (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26897) but when I try to look up a word in a text no dictionary shows up. The upper left light of the iLiad just keeps blinking but nothing happens until I push a button or turn the page, but still no dictionary. I have the dictionary installed in the main memory and the mobi files have the language set to French.

Since the French dictionary above came from a Cybook post it might be that it does not work for the iLiad.. Hungry for some French reading I then bought "Le Robert Nomade 2009" from mobipocket and that one has the same problem.

I installed on my iLiad the developer package and also installed the full screen package. I don't think it has anything to do with the problem, but still..

Does anyone have a clue what is causing my problem? And how it can be solved?

Regards,
Peter
-Peter- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
AuPhinger
Aficionado
AuPhinger began at the beginning.

Device: Rags to Riches - K1, K2, 500
Peter, I cannot help you AT ALL, but am most interested, as one thing I am hoping to find (still deciding) is the ability to use multiple dictionaries for reading in other languages.

Hope someone can bail you (and myself, vicariously) out!!!
Gene
Elgin, illinois USA
AuPhinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
-Peter-

Hey Gene,

A step in the good direction already. I tried some German demo dictionaries and they worked with "Alice im Wunderland" (Thanks Netseeker for putting the book online!).

I then tried the German Duden dictionary also from Mobipocket.com and it runs perfect! It's a big fat 30 mb dictionary but it's quite fast!

So the German and English ones are running but the French ones are still stubbornly refusing..

Regards,
Peter
Old 02-10-2009, 09:19 PM   #4
AuPhinger
Aficionado
AuPhinger began at the beginning.

Device: Rags to Riches - K1, K2, 500
Well, Peter, I suppose we can blame it on the French then; I hope to check out the Spanish one of these days.

I enjoy dictionary searches, etc., as much as the reading, so if they work, I will eventually have all available editions on the reader.

Gene
AuPhinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi Peter, sorry to hear you are having trouble. i can't help you much but just one clue, i know that mobipocket dictionaries must be formatted in a specific way to work, otherwise they are just seen as regular books. i am not sure the version you found here is correctly formatted as a dictionary. try this one : http://www.ebooksgratuits.com/details.php?book=1609 which i am relatively sure *is* formatted correctly, as a test.

if that still doesn't work, maybe try posting your question in the mobipocket forum. good luck ! i hope you solve the problem.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #6
-Peter-

Many thanks Zelda!
Your link did the trick!
It will be of good use with "Les 3 mousquetaires".
En garde!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm very glad i was able to help. enjoy Les trois mousquetaires !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote