Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Exclamation R.I.P. enTourage?

Some ominous signs that enTourage and/or the eDGe may be not be long for the world:

http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...leted-dried-up
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:00 AM   #2
Franky
Nameless Being

yup, it looks like it's over. a bit the same as with IREX. a super ereader and suddenly the company was down the drain.

and I bought both...

it is sad. especially because i think both devices are on the top. they are absolute superb in there doing.

i do hope Entourage will come soon with a statement, but so far everybody is still waiting.
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
Dr. T
Dr. T began at the beginning.

Device: EnTourage eDGe
It is very sad, indeed. A great device and a great company...
Dr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Franky
Nameless Being

I'm still not really convinced it is all over. There is a loot of talk about it, but there are also enough signs they are extremely busy with all kinds of other stuff. Yes, I was sceptic, but I still hope they stay in the market.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #5
Sjarrel
The Trying Dutchman
Sjarrel began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
I am convinced it's not over. Delay? Yes. Difficulties? Yes. Solutions? Yes, I have a feeling it's going to be allright.
Sjarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
It is over, if in doubt read the Irex thread. Same signs pointing to the same inveitable outcome.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:53 PM   #7
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
I hope they bring out a single screen version and/or one that targets a wider user base and region(dont think EE is available in Asia).
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
The last thing we *may* see is the Froyo update. Most likely lights out after that.
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #9
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Froyo followed immediately by 'lights out' sounds like a hit-and-run.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #10
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
I have both the Iliad and the eDGe, too. Yup, they were both pretty good and what they did.

It appears I'm good at being an early adopter of things that are eventually abandoned. Next time I jump on the pre-order bandwagon I'll warn everyone first what's going to happen. ;-)
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
NiaTrue
NiaTrue began at the beginning.

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken_jennings View Post
I have both the Iliad and the eDGe, too. Yup, they were both pretty good and what they did.

It appears I'm good at being an early adopter of things that are eventually abandoned. Next time I jump on the pre-order bandwagon I'll warn everyone first what's going to happen. ;-)
Do, please, tell--before the rest of us pull the trigger. It seems well all have similar tech-buying abilities, so perhaps you can save the rest of us a few hundred bucks.
NiaTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #12
iamaguynotagirl
Used to be *****
iamaguynotagirl began at the beginning.

just saying hello here...
iamaguynotagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #13
Dr. T
Dr. T began at the beginning.

Device: EnTourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaguynotagirl View Post
just saying hello here...
Though it is raining in Baltimore right now, it sure seems like Snow

Welcome to this side!
Dr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #14
myst
myst began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
I guess we will see.... it is not looking good though.
myst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:25 PM   #15
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
But but why would they beta Froyo and shut down at the same time? Is "beta" a verb?
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote